Review: NCLA Hey Sugar Body Scrub

 
Happy Thursday, my little ducklings! Work may be currently overwhelming, thanks to COVID, in a totally different capacity to why it's been so hectic over the last 2 years, but at least I still have my days off to achieve a level of zen that I wouldn't be able to get to otherwise, however fleeting that moment may be! For those who are curious, COVID affected some of my work mates, through their partners getting it, and as such, they're isolating together. Thankfully nothing more severe than that, but with other clinics being shut down due to under staffing issues (thanks to COVID again), we're certainly getting almost more work than we can keep up with. And that is why I'm grateful for the little things, like finding a body scrub that makes my skin sing!

 

The NCLA Hey Sugar Body Scrub was a gamble - I liked the sound of it, and I just wanted to try something new. This is available in Grapefruit, Peach and Coconut, and while I was tempted by the peach, and turned off by the coconut, I was reeled in by the promise of zesty, refreshing grapefruit, and of course, that's the one I ended up buying. This comes packed in a recyclable jar with a white screw lid, and given that it's see through, you can easily track how much (or how little!) you have left.

This body scrub is designed to work on dry skin for a more intense exfoliation, or on damp skin for a gentler version. Just massage this into your skin in rotational strokes, and let it sit on the skin for a minute or two before rinsing it off. You can use this two or three times a week. This is 100% vegan, cruelty free and made from a blend of plant butters and oils. It is supposed to nourish and hydrate, while also buffing away dead skin, leaving it all smooth and beautiful.

We're talking shea butter, mango butter and cocoa butter all mixed together, with organic plant seed oils, and real sugar to get things down to that nitty gritty. I also don't know what sort of magic (probably more like actual chemistry) they used to get the texture this good, but it's soft, and marshmallowy, which I love! On wet skin, this feels AMAZING - when it hits the skin, and I start rubbing this in, the texture of this changes into something fluffy and the scent is just gorgeous! 

 

My skin loves it, and it's such a delight to use - so much so that I look forward to getting into the shower at the end of a super long day, just so I can get this on my skin! My biggest issue with this? The possibility of over exfoliating, only because I love it so much! It retails for about $55, and you can find it at various retailers, including Cult Beauty, which is where I bought mine. Are you really into body scrubs, like I am?

Comments

Popular Posts