Review: Darling Glowy Face Cream SPF 50+

Summer is the time for frolicking, which I haven't done much of, and catching some of that Vitamin D (not too much, of course, because melanoma), which I also haven't done much of. However, for those short bursts of moments when I've had the chance to head into the sunshine, it has really helped me to have sunscreen on my skin, and for the last few weeks, I've been using the Darling Glow Face Cream SPF 50+.

 

Made in Italy, this comes in an aesthetically pleasing, minimalistic pale blue tube with a screw lid, and white lettering on the front. I appreciate that the packaging includes a nozzle so that you're able to dispense the appropriate amount you need each time. This also has the added bonus of being made of PEgreen, which is a plastic derived from sugar cane, and this is unique in that it captures CO2 from the atmosphere during it's production, and this is also 100% recyclable. 

 

The product is vegan, and helps shield your skin from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays through both a physical and chemical process. While this comes out of the tube as a densely coiled pile of lotion, and has a thick consistency, this does spread quite nicely on the skin. This leaves the skin looking a little white initially, but it does eventually end up disappearing over the span of minutes. I love that it results in a dewy finish, which is exactly that kind of finish that I like! 

This has been formulated with Vitamin E to help moisturise the skin, as well as Apricot Oil and Jojoba Oil for maintaining skin elasticity, while also protecting the skin again environmental aggressors. Blueberry Extract and Aloe Vera help with soothing inflammation and irritation, and the Blueberry Extract improves skin microcirculation, while the Aloe Vera also acts to moisturise the skin. Additionally, the inclusion of Allantoin means that there is an antioxidant that packs a punch!

While it may seem quite thick initially, this doesn't end up feeling like anything on the skin, nor does it interfere with my makeup, or any other pieces of skincare in my usual rotation. This is a very decent sunscreen, and I'm certainly going to be finish the tube! If you're keen to grab your own tube, make sure you check them out over at Cult Beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts