Review: Philip Kingsley Overnight Scalp Barrier Serum

 At the time of you reading this, I'm sure my scalp will be experiencing some dryness, and I'd be quite grateful for having the Philip Kingsley Overnight Scalp Barrier Serum in my life. That's because this weekend marks the start of my adventure in New Zealand with some of my farthest and dearest besties, and I'm really excited to hang out with a couple of my favourite people in the entire world! My only issue is not actually knowing just how cold it might be, so as usual, I have now over packed, and it remains to be seen how much of my luggage I'll be getting through! 

 

Still, I think it's said that you're better off being over prepared, and having things under utilised, rather than get there and realise you haven't packed something essential, like your underwear, or charging cable, or presents for your friends! One thing that I have packed, though, is the Philip Kingsley Overnight Scalp Barrier Serum, and this stuff is here to help your scalp feel soothed, while regulating sebum production and strengthen the skin of the scalp, all while you're cutting some zzzs, so that both you and your scalp can wake up feeling refreshed. 

 

I like that this is meant to help balance the microflora of your scalp, and that this is also supposed to help the scalp stay moisturised. There's aloe vera leaf juice extract to hydrate and calm the skin, working as an anti-inflammatory to keep everything soothed, while lactic acid, which is an AHA (alpha-hydoxy acid), is meant to gently exfoliate dead skin and debris from the scalp region. The formula also has witch hazel, which is meant to help manage oiliness, as well as improving irritation and inflammation. Last but not least, there's also piroctone olamine, which is great for managing dandruff and the scalp's microflora.

 

This is presented as a clear serum in an opaque white bottle with a dropper built into the lid. To use this, just press down on the top of the lid, which would result in a small amount of product being sucked up into the dropper. Then, simply depress it over four to five sections of your scalp, placing about two to three drops each time, before gently massaging it into the skin. I love that this doesn't have a scent to it, and that my skin seems to be very comfortable as a result of using it. 

 

I feel like this has been great for helping my skin stay itch free, and let's face it, no one likes having an itchy scalp! It's really easy to use, and I have basically incorporated this into my night time routine, and it's on my night stand, which means that I reach for this every time I'm settling into my bed. It's quite a fuss free product, and I'm really pleased that I found this! It retails for about $70, and you can find it at various retailers, including Cult Beauty. Philip Kingsley products have worked well for me, and I'm really glad that I can say the same for their Overnight Scalp Barrier Serum. Do you use scalp serums?

Comments

Popular Posts