Review: 1000 Hour Lash Lift Kit

It's the start of my weekend, honey babes! As we slide towards the actual weekend, I'm wrapping up my work week, and getting on a bus to Canberra to see one of my (not so) nearest and dearest! While I'm excited to see her, I'm actually just as keen to visit one of the cutest dogs I know, and dognap her, keeping her in my bed with me, so I can snuggle with her until we're both ready to roll out in the morning! How good is it when you can steal other peoples' pets? We're going to hang out like girlfriends all weekend long - amazing! It's nice to have something so wonderful to look forward to, and I hope that you have something to fill your cup this weekend too!

 

Speaking of wonderful things, I had the fortune to try something beautiful recently, that, while, spoiler, it didn't quite work out for me, it did work out ultimately, and you'll see what I mean in a minute. So, if you are familiar with the name 1000 Hour, it will be because you've probably heard of their most famous product, the Lash and Brow Dye Kit, or you might have used a variety of their very gorgeous and beautifully presented brow products. Either way, it's certainly a brand that most of us would be aware of, have tried and otherwise love as they're stunning! They really are effective, efficient products that work well, and the 1000 Hour Lash Lift Kit is no exception.

 

The name of the product is very self explanatory - if you're looking to get a lash lift, so that just about all of the heavy lifting is already done before your mascara hits the lashes, then this is definitely what you'll be wanting to pick up. Bear in mind, though, it does come with a caveat. So, let's walk through how this actually works. Each pack contains enough product for you to give your lashes a lift three times, and it's meant to work up to 6 to 8 weeks each time. You start by picking a lash lift shield, keeping in mind that the smaller the shield, the tighter the lift, and there are three to pick from. It does tell you to do one eye at a time, which seems to be a no brainer, but probably needs to be said.

 

Make sure that the shield is as close to the lash line as possible, and then you'll want to place a little glue (provided) to help the lashes stick to the shield. There are little plastic combs that can help you shift the lashes to the right place, and it's important to try and make sure that the lashes aren't overlapping, and that they are separated, so that it can look even. Then, simply apply the perm solution with an applicator wand, and leave it on for between 8 to 12 minutes. My preference is for the latter, as my lashes can be quite stubborn. Once you've reached the time limit, just remove the solution with a dry cotton bud.

Right after that, apply the set solution in the exact same manner as the perm solution, and let it sit for the same amount of time before removing with a dry cotton pad this time. You're now ready to gently peel the shield off, then you can use a spoolie to comb the nourish serum through the lashes to help condition and strengthen them. As someone who gets her lashes lifted professionally every 6 weeks, I was so psyched to try this out! However, try as I might, I was unable to do this on my own, leaving me to wonder if it might be due to me trying to do things around my eyes and inadvertently shutting them too tightly, or the shape of my eyes themselves that could be adding to the level of difficulty. That said, when this works, it really does, because I tried it out on someone else, and it was much easier that way, and the results were as promised! I found it great that it actually delivered on it's promises in regards to results, and as such, I'm not giving up, and I'll be trying this again to see what it can do for me! Does this sound like something you'd be keen to try?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration 

Comments

Popular Posts