Review: Jung Saem Mool Artist Cushion Blush
Do you know what I love about being a woman in 2026? Having choices. I mean, there are people out there looking to take away our rights, looking to set women back by decades, and it's so not ok. That's at the core of feminism - we're all about have choices and the ability to go for what we want, and generally, just equality, to be treated like part of the human race. At my age, I like that I don't HAVE to have kids, or human dependents that need looking after. I like that I am the keeper of my own schedule, and I don't have to held hostage to the whim and will of small beings, aside from being kept prisoner by my cat, who insists on sitting on my lap.
This also means that I get to wear what I want to, and that extends from clothes through to make up, according to how I feel, and what I'm doing that day. For example, my daily makeup for work is completely different to what I wear on my days off, when I'm trying to run errands and look cute while having the bare minimum on my skin. The no makeup makeup is one of the looks that's taken a long time for me to actually achieve. It's all about looking cute, while making it appear absolutely effortless, and keeping it looking like you've just rolled out of bed and finger brushed your hair, pinched your cheeks to give them that flushed look, and dabbed on a small amount of basic lip balm for that hydrated shine.
Sadly, life isn't like the movies, where you can just wake up looking like that, and instead, there are plenty of steps and products between you throwing the covers back, and walking out of the house rocking that look. My latest discovery, and you could say, latest love, is the Jung Saem Mool Artist Cushion Blush. I didn't expect to love it so much, but I do, and it's something that I've been reaching for on a weekly basis, and a large part of making me look undead when I'm doing my 'natural' makeup face. For those unfamiliar with Jung Saem Mool, this is a Kbeauty brand that was developed by a top makeup artist in Korea, and you can find my previous post about them over here and here.
This blush comes in a hydrating cushion formula, which is meant to stay fresh and moisturising for the skin all day, without causing any caking or settling into fine lines. This is meant to give the skin a transparent, dewy flush that can be blended into the skin seamlessly, resulting in a healthy looking, natural, radiant complexion. Said to be buildable, you can go over this a few times to add a few more layers to it if you'd like a pop of colour, or you could look a little more au naturel with just a subtle hint of blush on the skin.
Like any other cushion product, this comes with a little puff, and it's very easy to use. There's a little mirror built into the round compact, and a secure lid that snaps shut, preventing any sort of leakage. Simply pick up the puff, press down into the cushion, and dab this on your cheeks, and blend it out with the fingers. I was sent this in Dewy Coral, and it's very much the right colour for me with my Winter skin tone - a peachy pink glow that makes it look natural and glowy. It sits at about $30, and you can find them at the official Jung Saem Mool store on Amazon over here. What's your favourite dewy natural no makeup makeup product?
*This product was provided for editorial consideration
Comments
Post a Comment