Review: RÓEN Elixir Restorative Face Oil

A good face oil never goes amiss, and I've tried some amazing face oils in the past. Every time I write about a face oil, I honestly feel like it's a bit of a PSA to everyone out there - remember to incorporate a face oil into your skincare routine, y'all! It's a great way to keep your skin moisturised, possibly sneak another active ingredient into your life, and really just help your skin live it's best, glowy life! Always looking to try new things, I bought myself the RÓEN Elixir Restorative Face Oil, and that's what we're talking about today!

 

I purchased this as this looked very promising and was touted to be a massively moisturising oil that's meant to have a lightweight formula. This has a combination of rosehip oil, squalene oil and jojoba seed oil, all working together to help promote the skin's natural collagen production, while battling free radicals and improving the appearance of fine lines. Given the high vitamin A content, this is meant to help support cell turnover, thereby improving skin texture, as well as the appearance of dark spots and scarring. 

 

This also contains apricot oil, which is nourishing, and can help improve skin tone and keep the skin free from blemishes. All that gets delivered in a clear glass bottle with a dropper applicator, making it easy to get the oil out of the bottle. On first impressions, I wasn't particularly overwhelmed by this. I found this to be an oily sort of oil, leaving behind a bit of a greasy feel to the skin that doesn't end up going away. To me, this has a light, almost citrus scent to it, which is quite pleasant.

 

At the time of writing this, I've now used this for over a month, and I've gone through approximately half a bottle of the oil, and I don't know that it has made a major difference to my skin, in that it seems like my skin's texture and tone haven't improved. I did wonder if this would get better over time when I first started using it, but despite all the wonderful ingredients in the formula, I'm afraid it hasn't made much of a change to the look and feel of my skin since I started using it. 

 

I feel like the one big thing that this has been good for has been to help in moisturising my skin, but aside from that, it hasn't really addressed any of my other skin concerns, such as fine lines and hyperpigmentation. Overall, it's been a pleasant oil to use, but aside from that, I don't feel like I can quite justify the $120 price tag that it comes with. Have you had any experience with the RÓEN Elixir Restorative Face Oil?

Comments

Popular Posts