Review: Ere Perez Coco Crayons

Makeup is my weakness. I've always been seduced by the shiny, glittery world of beauty products, and makeup, particularly lip products, is one of my favourite things when it comes to being a girl. I think it's the instant gratification of it all - I mean, one moment your lips are this colour and the next, it's something else. What's that, if not magic? And it can truly be magical when you find a brand, or range, that really speaks to you, and works well on your skin tone, and wears well throughout the day, or does whatever it is that you're looking for it to do - it's a little like winning the lottery, also because it can pull an entire look together, you can understand why I love it so much.

 

For the uninitiated, Ere Perez is the brain child of a Sydney based, Mexican born beauty who really knows her stuff when it comes to skincare and makeup. If you're interested in reading about any previous Ere Perez posts, you can find them over here and here. For those who know the brand, I'm sure you'd understand why I'm so psyched I got sent these Coco Crayons recently, because it boils down to this - just about every Ere Perez product I've tried, I've been really happy with!

 

While named Coco Crayons, I feel like they would have been better off called Coco Pencils, as the name would suggest that they're thick, but rather, they have a much smaller width that more resembles that of a pencil. I do appreciate that these wooden pencils are slim, however, as these plastic free lippies can be applied in a far more precise manner, and they have an aluminum lid to help keep them capped when not in use. 

 

The Coco Crayons glide onto the lips easily with their creamy formula, have a lovely soft matte finish, and yet they still feel light on the lips. They aren't drying and given what's in them, that's not surprising! These have coconut oil to help keep the lips protected and to repair the skin, and there's also baobab seed oil, which is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B and C, as well as omegas 3, 6 and 9, and fatty acids. This also contains silica and oryzanol, which have added skin benefits. The colour payoff is beautiful, and while there's a little staining on the lips when it comes to the darker shades, they sadly do rub off during a meal, and will need touching up.

I like that they can be used on the lips and the cheeks, so it provides a bit of versatility. I do think after getting used to the convenience of something like a lipstick that needs only to be twisted to access more of the product, having to sharpen it feels a little like work, but it's otherwise manageable. My only real gripe with the Coco Crayons is that this has a very limited shade range, given that there's only nine of them in the collection, and we could honestly use so many other colours! These are available at Mecca for $39 each. Grace, the pinkie nude shade is my current go to - what would yours be?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts