Brand Focus: Woohoo Body Deodorants

With so many of us looking to reduce our carbon footprint, trying to reuse, reduce and recycle as much as we possibly can, sometimes the one rate limiting step that we seem to hit is around our most often used products, such as our toothpaste and dental floss, as well as items like deodorant. As someone who was made to use a natural deodorant as a child, no thanks to my mother, I embraced antiperspirant deodorants with open arms (and open armpits) as soon as I could. I tend to be quite an active person, and my skin didn't love the crystal deodorants that were abundant in the 90's.

 

That said, since getting older, and being exposed to a whole variety of different deodorants out there in the world, that line of thought has changed over time. I'm more open to trying deodorants from brands that aren't big, commercial companies, and I have actually found quite a few deodorants that I've been very pleased with. I was recently sent a range from a brand called Woohoo Body, and it has been quite a good experience!

 

So, let's talk about Woohoo Body! As the name would suggest, they have a whole range of products for the hair and body and face, going from face lotions to body scrubs to shampoo and conditioner to lip balms - the list goes on and on. There is so much I want to try from them, especially their cleansing oils, and I love that aside from creating good things, they also do lots of good things. For example, they have cruelty free, vegan products that come in recyclable and/or refillable packaging, and they also look after Mother Earth by donating to Carbon Positive Australia to help offset their carbon footprint.

 

Woohoo Body has also donated to a number of causes and charities over the years, and according to them, they look after their team well too, and honestly, after everything I've listed above, as well as what you can read on their website over here, why wouldn't you want to support the brand? So, when it comes to their deodorants, there are quite a few you can pick from, and I'm here to talk you through what the differences are! There is the Armpit Detox Mask, which is a good place to start, as this is meant to help you transition from your usual deodorant to something that's more natural. 

 

Beyond that, you get to pick what form of deodorant you'd like, and you can choose from the pastes or the sticks. The pastes come in a variety of scents, and I feel like this takes a bit of effort to work into the skin, but it's comfortable to wear and smells great. I do find that I tend to sweat quite heavily with this on, however, which is to be expected, given that it's not an anti-perspirant. My preference is for the stick deodorants. I find that these don't leave white marks, and as someone who gets a heat rash when I wear tank tops too many days in a row, I was psyched to find that this helped in preventing that! For anyone searching for a more sustainable way of life with their staples, Woohoo Body is one to try. Have you heard of Woohoo Body before, and what would you be keen to try first?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts