Review: Guinot Age Refill Summum Mask

 

There's nothing quite like the luxury that comes with trying out French skincare and I don't know why that is. Is it the conditioning that happens with all the advertisements going on around us at all time, making us believe that French skincare is transformative? Is it that we are all just Francophiles who adore multiple aspects of the French culture, including their beauty? Is it just that the French honestly does create luxurious skincare products that make you feel like your skin is at it's luminous best? It's probably a combination of everything, let's be honest!

 

I have been sitting on a brand that I haven't been intentionally trying to gate keep - rather, I've been using a few things from the brand, and I felt like that mask needed a separate post of it's own so I could talk you through everything that I love about it! The Guinot Age Refill Summum Mask is said to help the skin deal with several stresses that they're subjected to throughout the day during our time of rest, at night. Essentially, we have to remember that our skin is constantly being exposed to things like pollution, UV rays (I mean, don't even get me started on this one - the war against using SPF products is real some days. Just wear sunscreen, please!) and wind, among other things.

 

As such, these can contribute to a loss in the skin's capacity to regenerate, resulting in a loss of vitality. Hence, while we're resting and safe from the elements, this is makes it a good opportunity for us to allow the skin to heal and ready itself for another day in the world. The Age Refill Summum Mask aims to help the skin by infusing the skin with it's ingredients, letting you wake to smoother skin that is plumper and more radiant. The formula includes phospholipids to allow for better penetration of the ingredients into the skin, and rambutan extract to help stimulate the production of elastic fibres, adding density to the skin.

 

There is also an immune complex, which is meant to help protect the cells that are responsible for the skin's immune system, as well as hyaluronic acid for that extra hit of hydration. Last but not least, the addition of vitamin C is present to energise and revitalise the skin, to give you that good glow. This comes in a white tube with a pull off cap that is hiding an efficient pump, and it takes me about three pushes to cover the skin nicely.

 

Designed to be used as a three day treatment, I reach for this most when I'm feeling a little flat and rundown, because that often translates to how my skin looks - stressed and dry. I'm happy to report that it isn't just hype, and that my skin does look much happier with the addition of this into my routine. I do wake up to smoother, brighter skin that has a better bounce to it, but given that it's valued at $220, this isn't something that I can afford to use too often! However, it's certainly worth it, and I feel like this is something that I would repurchase! Given that it's NYE, perhaps you could add good skin to your New Year's Resolutions, and purchase one for yourself!

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts