Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion with SPF 50


When Neutrogena first came out with their Hydro Boost range, I absolutely loved it, and my skin couldn't get enough of it! This particular range has seen new additions to the the collection over time, but this is the first lotion to have SPF 50, and I couldn't be more excited about it!



The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion is a thin, yet hydrating, day moisturiser. This comes in a blue tube with flip lid, and contains 88 ml of product. This sports that all familiar Neutrogena Hydro Boost scent, which is quite pleasant, and doesn't tend to linger.


This has SPF 50 and broad spectrum UVA and UVB coverage, and is meant to be stabilised with Helioplex technology, which sounds super fancy, but I think it just means that this provides good protection against the harmful effects of the sun. If you don't already know, exposure to sunlight can lead to skin ageing and of course, sun burns and melanomas - none of which I'm particularly interested in, which is why I always have sunscreen on my face! There is also the inclusion of hyaluronic acid to add a boost of moisture to the skin, which does absolutely help.


I have to say, I'm a big fan of the consistency. This comes out as a thin, almost watery lotion, which doesn't take long for the skin to absorb. It leaves my skin more than adequately moisturised without feeling like an oil slick, and it is also meant to be water resistant for 4 hours, but I haven't put this to the test yet, so I can't comment on that. Overall, I love how easy this is to apply, and how quickly it gets absorbed - particularly great when you're getting ready in the morning and you're bleary eyed and barely conscious. It's nice that something works that hard already then! 

There's only one thing that I've noticed with using this, and that is the occasional sore eye I've had. It's odd, as I don't tend to have sensitive eyes, but 've also had a couple of eye infections in the last 12 months, so I don't know how much stock I'd put into this being an adverse reaction. Aside from this, however, it's been a great experience using this lotion!


It retails for $16.99, and can be found at Priceline, among other places. If you're a fan of the original Hydro Boost, then this is one you should be trying, because, hello, SPF!

What's your favourite Hydro Boost product? Are you eager to try this one?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Moisturizer is key before any make-up application. Even if you think your skin is oily and doesn't need it, it does. The Hydro Boost Water Gel is a great option because it is highly moisturizing, yet feels lightweight on the skin. It instantly absorbs into the skin and acts as the perfect base for foundation.
    neutrogena hydro boost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benefits. Instantly quench dry skin for a healthy-looking glow day after day. This award-winning formula with Hyaluronic Acid absorbs quickly like a gel but has the lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. Clinically proven to help strengthen skin's moisture barrier.
    neutrogena hydro boost water gel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts