Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 HR Breathable Foundation


Oh Rimmel! Why you gotta be so awesome? While this foundation and concealer duo might have hit the market a while back, I didn't get the chance to try them until recently, as my bedroom was buried under a lot new makeup and skincare products. I remembered them after I got a little frustrated and did a massive foundation clean out, and I couldn't find a shade that worked for me. Thankfully, these did, and I'm ready to rave about the foundation!

Ok, so, hang tight, but this foundation might be one of the top two bases I've ever tried from Rimmel, and given that I have actually used at least 10 different foundations from them before, that's saying quite a bit!

Firstly, this has an interesting applicator/ Once you unscrew the cap, you'll find the applicator, which is almost like a big doe foot spongey thing, attached to the cap itself. A few strategically placed swipes, and you're ready to start blending it out! I love that this gives me lightweight sheer to medium coverage, and that it blends out nicely, creating a beautiful, smooth base. The finish is satiny, but it's easy to make it dewy with a bit of highlighter beneath the foundation. With SPF 20 included, this 30 ml bottle has become a staple this season and only costs $22.95. The one negative I will say is that due to the unique applicator, I'm constantly dipping the brush back into the bottle, which isn't great -  if you read my blog regularly, then you'd know that I'm not a fan of jars for this reason!


I will take a little time to have a chat about the concealer, as it's currently in rotation. This has, once again, a slightly unique sponge tip applicator, where you squeeze the tube, and the product comes out the middle of it. The concealer itself is a great colour match for me, and it's quite thick, which requires a bit of blending. However, once you're done, it does a great job of covering up blemishes, and under eye circles. Rather than relying on the built-in applicator, however, I would recommend using a brush or sponge to even it out. I do love how creamy it is, thought, and it, like the foundation, would be on my to buy list once they run out!

Have you tried either of these products before? What's your favourite Rimmel foundation?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts