Review: Revlon Photoready Insta Fix *


Revlon recently released a stick foundation, and I was excited when I was given the chance to try this little sucker out!



There are a lot of pros and cons to this product, but it's the few cons that I'm not so keen on. Firstly, this particular foundation comes in a handy to go stick with a clear cap, and it has a matte finish, so while it's great for an on the go base, this certainly can be used for highlighting and contouring.


This has a sheer coverage, as you can see above - enough to smooth things out, but not what I would recommend for those with blemishes that they really want to cover up and those after a full coverage foundation.



Now, for the downsides - I found this to slide a little with my current primer, but ironically, grip better without any primer. Either way, I'm not 100% keen on it's hold. Powdering over it definitely helps really well, but that makes it work a little less as a convenient on the go product.

Blending this is easy, however. Fingers only, and you can get it into the skin quite easily. What I like about this as well is the alternate application it has in that it can be used as a cream contouring product. 

Overall, I have to say it's not the most amazing foundation, but I like it for the convenience and that you can use it to contour. This retails for $29.95 for 6.8 g of product.

Have you tried this product yet? What are your thoughts on this?

* This product was sent to me by Beautyheaven for my consideration, but my opinions, as always, are my own

Comments

  1. This looks and sounds a lot like the Maybelline Fit Me stick foundations...good for little touch ups but as you say, a but slippery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it but I've seen it in priceline! I personally love stick foundations - I've been using shiseido and the hold/coverage is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems to be a really great colour match for you! I think this might be super handy for touch-ups on the go :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can be - might be best for the nose for me.

      Delete
  4. I also got this foundation but I have not liked it much, I found Maybelline one better than this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts