Review: Software Retinol Complex Oil

 

One brand that I've heard a lot about, but haven't had much to do with, is Software. I feel like this baby first burst onto the scene about a year ago, and it's been non-stop for the brand ever since! A while back, I had the pleasure of receiving a range of products from the brand, and it made me realise why Australians seemed captivated by them. Of all the products I was sent, I found myself talking about the Retinol Complex Oil the most, and I wanted to use my platform to talk about why my skin's been loving it! 

I feel like facial oils have moved past the stage where they were merely a vehicle to help deliver extra hydration to the skin, and they now do the job of a serum, while also providing that extra hit of moisture. Hence, it makes sense that I would really be into the Software Retinol Complex Oil, because I love me a multi-tasker. The oil is a blend of different oils, with hero ingredients such as sandalwood seed oil for it's anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties, as well as rosehip oil, which is steeped in vitamins A and C and fatty acids, to help with improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

This also has seabuckthorn oil, which can help boost skin elasticity, reduce water loss, and help encourage regeneration of the skin barrier. The oil also has other ingredients, such as olive fruit oil, sunflower seed oil and rosemary leaf extract, to mention a few, all blended together to help give you firmer, glowing skin. This is all delivered in a translucent, frosted glass bottle that has a dropper applicator to help you titrate the exact amount of product you'd like to get out.

 

I like that this doesn't have an obvious scent, and that while this can be a relatively oily oil, I love that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or weighed down. Rather, this is quite a lightweight oil that you can layer on according to your needs - you can either go with a couple of drops, so that it doesn't end up feeling particularly oily on the skin, or go a little heavier if your skin's feeling a bit dry, so that you can give it some extra loving care.

 

While I do like the design of the bottle, I do find there to be a bit of flaking of the coating around the cap itself, which is a bit annoying, but doesn't stop me from using the oil regularly. I wish it helped with brightening my skin as much as it suggests it would, but I am pretty content with it getting my skin to feel less dry, while looking just that little bit firmer. This retails for $49 and can currently be found at Priceline, as well as online over here

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts