Review: A'kin Daily Shine Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask

If you can believe it, there was once a time when I didn't think that my choice in shampoo and conditioner would really influence how my hair could turn out, and I would like to now go back in time and speak to that version of me and say, it's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me, to steal a line from the popular songtress, Taylor Swift. And it's totally true - I'm really sorry, younger self, I wish I had dappled in more hair care products when I was young, rather than sticking with the same brands and being a creature of habit, because I might have changed my mind sooner!

 

However, it's important to remember that it's never too late to change, and there's no time like the present, babes, so get ready read all about A'kin's Daily Shine range to see if they might be the right fit for you! I was interested in the range as I wanted to see if this would add shine to my hair and strengthen it, given that I'm a frequent abuser of my tresses, subjecting it to bleach, dyes and hot hair tools regularly, as well as a myriad of styling products. 

 

The shampoo comes in a clear bottle with a lid that you push down to get the product out. This smells beautiful, which should come as no surprise, given that this has a blend of geranium, cedarwood and patchouli. It also has a mix of Australian jojoba oil, yerba mate and niacinamide to help add shine to your hair. The conditioner comes in very similar packaging to the shampoo, and is the perfect accompaniment to the shampoo. This also carries the same beautiful scent, and has a light to medium consistency and spreads easily over the strands.

I've been using them for a few weeks, and it's definitely been great for helping keep my hair soft. They also seem to be great for giving my hair a lovely sheen, but there's been no change to the amount of fall out, and very little in the way of volumising my hair. Hence, while it's been a positive experience, this hasn't been a life changing experience for me, but it has been enough for me to feel like this has been quite helpful in making my hair feel a bit healthier. 

 

In addition to the above duo, I've also added the Daily Shine Hair Mask into my routine, and this has been my favourite product from the range! Like the shampoo and conditioner, this also contains Australian jojoba oil, yerba mate and niacinamide. This has a really thick consistency to it, but does end up coating the hair really well, despite this. I love that this can be used in one of two ways - either as a mask post washing your hair, or as an overnight treatment that you can wash out. I love that it doesn't weigh down my hair, but instead, feels like it nourishes it. This has been a fantastic addition to my hair care rotation and I would definitely recommend this! This range is currently available where A'Kin in stocked, including Chemist Warehouse. Do you find that your hair needs have changed over time?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts