Review: Milani Make It Last Original Natural Finish Setting Spray

We all know that makeup struggle that we face when it's hot, generally made worse when it's also muggy, like we've been facing here in Sydney. I mean, we've all been going through it, am I right? I'm talking, of course, about our makeup shifting around out faces, sliding off in this heat. For example, one morning, in a 6 minute walk to the train station at 7 AM, I basically perspired through my makeup, and no amount of dabbing allowed for it to settle properly. 

If you're like me, then there's a chance that you also powder your makeup to try and keep it all in place, and you might even use a finishing spray to seal it. If so, then I'm sure that you've tried the usual suspects, and those would include Urban Decay and their famous All Nighter Setting Spray, as well as the cult classic from Skindinavia. You night even have tried a number of drugstore brands over the years, like I have, but have always returned to the tried and tested popular products.

 

That doesn't mean that I 'm not open to trying and using drugstore setting sprays, and because I'm always look for that next new fantastic thing, I get to try products like the Milani Make It Last Original Natural Finish Setting Spray, and this is a definite winner! If you're new to Milani, welcome! They are currently available at Priceline, but I do still remember when I had to beg, bribe and cajole people to bring it back from the US for me.

 

They still make one of my favourite blushes ever and if you haven't tried their bronzers yet, you need to add them to your list. So, you can see, I had high hopes already, when going into trying the Make It Last Original Natural Finish Setting Spray! This comes in a translucent spray bottle with 60 ml of product, and a pull off cap that allows for easy access. Touted as America's #1 Setting Spray (of which the criteria wasn't made clear when I clicked on the website), this is meant to give you waterproof and sweatproof, long lasting makeup, helping you lock in in for most of your waking hours.

 

This contains glycerin, to help keep the skin moisturised, as well as 2% niacinamide to help as a skin loving ingredient, the benefits of which I don't need to expand on, I'm sure! This also has a vegan and cruelty free formula that comes out as a lightweight spray to help prep, hydrate and set makeup, leaving it with a natural finish. This really does come out as a mist, and I love that this settles on my skin nicely. I also appreciate that it does seem to perform very well for the most part, but sadly, nothing quite seems to stand up against the ferocity of a hot and sticky day. However, despite that, I will comfortably use this spray up over time, and get a second one, because it really is quite good and hot weather is a formidable foe for makeup. If you're interested in trying this for yourself, you can grab it from Priceline for just under $20. What's your favourite setting spray?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts