Review: Dr Levy Switzerland R3 Cell Matrix Mask

 

Nothing makes me think of a skin pick me up more than a face mask, and while I've enjoyed an entire range of them from drugstore versions to some big ticket items, nothing thrills me like picking up an expensive tube, or jar, of masky goodness. Thanks to a visit to the Cult Beauty website a few months back, I parted ways with some money, and got the Dr Levy Cell Matrix Mask as a result, and honestly, I have no regrets about that!

 

This set me back around $140 for about 50ml of product, which comes in a white tube with a flip lid. I'd never heard of Dr Levy Switzerland until recently, and I'm so glad I have discovered them, because this is a brand we need to start paying attention to! A family owned business, the namesake of the brand, Dr Philip Levy and his son and daughter sit at the helm of Dr Levy. Dr Philip Levy was the first to introduce aesthetic botox into Switzerland, so you know he takes good skin, and good skincare, very seriously! Essentially, he has devoted his life to help his patients delay cosmetic surgery by combating visible signs of ageing, restoring the skin's natural youthful appearance.

 

Based on the above information, you can tell why I was so excited to give it a shot! The R3 Cell Matrix Mask is meant to help counteract the damage wrecked by the skin's exposure to environmental pollutants and UV rays. This mask promises to help fight the consequences of that, including things like weakened natural protective defences, resulting in premature ageing, inflammation and damage to the underlying collagen matrix. That means that this is supposed to help restore the skin's healthy glow, firmness and brightness, so that you can be left with invigorated, durable and soft skin. 

 

In short, the three Rs represent Restore, Replenish and Restructure, something I can really get behind! The R3 Cell Matrix Mask is filled with vitamins and antioxidants to help reinforce the natural defences of the fibroblasts and dermal stem cells. This also has stabilised retinol, which is meant to increase collagen production, while also enhancing the epidermis' ability to act as a shield. This also includes stabilised vitamin C as a potent antioxidant to help reduce inflammation and protect against free radicals, and this is aided by vitamin E. 

 

Additionally, there is also concentrated hyaluronic acid, and this can help hydrate the skin, while also keeping it plump. Last, but not least, this also has omegas 6 and 9 to act as an anti-inflammatory agent, soothing the skin, as well as prebiotics and postbiotics, which act to maintain a healthy microbiome. This comes out of the tube as a somewhat sticky cream, which, I know, is a weird way to describe it, but it's a bit like melting ice cream. I find this easy to spread over the skin, despite being relatively thick, and I love that this seems to help with pepping up my skin when it's feeling a little down. It's a lovely face mask that does seem to help my skin calm down and rejuvenate it. You can pick one up over here. What was the one mask that was worth the price tag for you?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts