Review: SVR Hyalubiotic Regenerating Plumping Gel

 

After reveling in the unexpected heatwave at the very start of Spring here in Sydney, it's been a shock for the senses, not to mention my skin, to go back to cooler weather, where the heater has to be turned on at night, and the feeling of dryness that accompanies each outing into the real world has returned. It's a reminder that Spring can be a very mercurial season, and that no matter what we think, when the sun starts to peep out, and the blossoms begin to bloom, that Spring is still a transitional weather sort of season, and that things can turn.

 

Thankfully, I'm armed to the hilt with some pretty powerful and hard hitting skincare products to battle everything that the weather throws at me, and I've hit upon a moisturiser that has been fantastic for helping me deal with these fluctuating temperatures. It's the SVR Hyalubiotic Regenerating Plumping Gel, and this little French beauty has made the repurchase list, and I will be hunting this down in December when I head to France.

 

As someone who has dry to normal skin, I have been loving this moisturiser so much that I have just about depleted the jar that I was given. This boast simple, yet effective, ingredients, such as a combination of hyaluronic acid of low and medium molecular weight as the main ingredient, as well as vitamin C and pasteurized probiotics, This gel cream claims to help hydrate the skin, while also regenerating and plumping it. It's also meant to help with skin elasticity, battle free radicals, and brighten the complexion, as well as reducing the appearance of wrinkles.

 

This comes in a wide, but shallow frosted jar, and once opened, a translucent  gel cream with a thin consistency is revealed. I take out a small scoop with my finger, and this is enough to cover my face and neck. It has a great light water-gel texture, which means that this gets absorbed really easily, and it doesn't end up feeling like it leaves a trace of residue on the skin. I love that this doesn't seem to reach with any other products I'm currently using.

 

It does seem to come off in the morning when I wash my face, but otherwise, it doesn't feel like anything on my skin when it's been applied. I have been using this twice daily for the last few weeks, and I do feel like my skin is reaping the benefits of the ingredients, with it looking a little brighter, while also remaining nicely hydrated without getting oily - not an easy feat at this time of year! It retails for about $90 and you can find it over at French Beauty Co. What's your must have French Beauty product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts