Review: Sephora Collection Monoi Dry Body Oil

Ok, so, I have a confession to make. I love Sephora. I mean, who doesn't? And that's not the confession, because if you didn't already know this about me, then you're probably in the wrong place, and you didn't mean to start reading a beauty blog! But stay anyway, even if you did get lost, because I promise, I can be very entertaining, and you don't need to know much about beauty to be here, because we're on the journey together!

 

But back to my confession! Ok, so, I love Sephora as a store, but while I've used a number of their Sephora Collection products over the years, I can't say that there's any particular product by them that I would repurchase and classify under one of my can't live withouts. There have been some pretty good lipsticks, and I liked their single use shower gels for travelling, but nothing has truly grabbed me and demanded that I spend more money with them as this little beauty - the Sephora Collection Dry Body Oil in Monoi!

 

It's currently available for $18 for 100 ml of product, which isn't particularly cheap, but it's affordable enough that running through a bottle of this stuff in a few weeks wouldn't leave me with a hole in my pocket as I hand my card over to buy a replacement. This comes in a clear plastic bottle with a screw cap, so that you can securely travel with this, which, given the convenient size of the bottle, is a good idea. The oil is quite runny, and comes out through a small hole at the top of the bottle.

 

Despite being called a dry oil, this certainly doesn't feel like one when you first get it out. Instead, this oil runs over the skin easily, and it isn't until you spread it out so that there is a thin layer of this on your skin that this actually does feel like a dry oil. The formula includes macadamia seed oil, sweet almond oil, as well as coconut oil, so it's not hard to see how nourishing this can be for the skin. This also smells so beautifully floral, you'd wish you could wear this as a perfume all day.

 

For those who didn't know this, welcome to the club! I didn't either until I looked it up, after purchasing the oil, what monoi oil was scented with, and it's actually the perfume of Tahitian gardenias, which explains why it smells so gorgeous! That, and how soft and moisturised my skin feels as a result of using this is precisely why I've already got a back up bottle in my stash, and it's also inspired me to grab a bottle of the Argan Dry Body Oil as well! Check them out over here if you're after a bottle for yourself. What stand out product did Sephora once sell/is still selling?

Comments

Popular Posts