Review: Emma Lewisham Illuminating Oil Cleanser

 

A good cleanser never goes astray, am I right? I think that we currently have so many different choices available on the market, it's hard to pick what might be right for you. As someone who has switched camps many times over the years, depending on my skin's needs, and the time of year, I can tell you I always have about four different cleansers in the shower caddy waiting for me every time I step in there. There are gel cleansers, cream cleansers and exfoliating cleansers - basically, a whole plethora of exciting goodies every time you step into a drugstore, and of course, there's the one category I haven't brought up yet, and that's oil cleansers, which is something that's emerged and risen in popularity over the last few years.

 

While I find the other types of cleansers to be more of a staple, in that I feel like I couldn't leave them out of my skincare routine, I do always have an oil cleanser in the mix, as this is a great lazy girl product - and you know how much I love those lazy girl/clever products! So, when it comes to oil cleansers, it's all about nourishing the skin, while helping to remove what you don't want to keep on it. The Emma Lewisham Illuminating Oil Cleanser really does seem to embrace that, given what's included in the formula.

 

This combines 23 nutrient rich phyto actives, which have all been picked for their performance in hydrating, brightening and smoothing the complexion. We're talking about a serious blend of oils that are so gorgeous that you'd be wanting to slather it all over your skin to feed it. It's meant to help dissolve and draw out impurities, makeup and pollutants with organic chia, which is rich in vitamin E. Rosehip and macadamia are present to help revitalise the skin and keep it looking clear and luminous. This also includes neuropeptides and camelia oil, which is steeped in polyphenols, as well as phytonutrients and fatty acids, and these can help hydrate the skin. 

 

The packaging is cohesive with the rest of the range - a gorgeous electric purple with pink accents, and a silver cap that pulls off with a bit of resistance. A golden oil comes out with each pump, and to use it, simply massage this into your skin without adding any water to it. Then once you're happy with how well you've worked it into your skin, you can emulsify it with some water, turning it into a milky solution that would help lift off makeup and dirt.

 

I appreciate that this does a good job of moisturising and nourishing my skin, but it does falter when faced with tricky things like mascara and glittery/shimmery eyeshadow products. It's one where I definitely do have use micellar water to take off my makeup at the end of the day, and follow it up with this to take off what's left, before going over it with my gel cleanser to finish it off. It doesn't have much of a scent. This is vegan, which makes it inclusive, and don't forget about Emma Lewisham's sustainability programme! What is the one Emma Lewisham product you can't live without?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts