Review: Manuka RX Skin Brightening Vitamin C Serum

 

When it comes to my skin, as someone with a normal to dry complexion, my preference is always going to be for it to look dewy and have a luminous finish after the application of my makeup. Aside from hunting down liquid luminizers  that help give my skin that lovely glow, this also means that I'm constantly on the lookout for skincare that does the same, meaning that it halves the work of my makeup. I was recently given the chance to try the Manuka RX Skin Brightening Vitamin C Serum, and it's been, er, illuminating, to say the least! 

 

Who's behind the brand, and why should you be interested? Well, Manuka RX was created in New Zealand's rural East Cape region, and the brand uses East Cape manuka oil to help add life to the skin. The manuka oil is obtained in a sustainable manner, where the manuka fields are tended to, harvested and distilled in collaboration with the local Maori community, which, in turn, supports the local economy, provides employment and environmental regeneration through native manuka planting. 

This is a serum that's designed to be lightweight and therefore quickly absorbed. It is made of 98% natural ingredients, including kakadu plum, which is rich in vitamin C. This also has manuka oil in it, which is meant to work synergistically with the kakadu plum to help reduce hyperpigmentation, so that you're left with bright and beautiful skin. Additionally, this is meant to carry the scent of essential oils to help you feel ready to take on the day.

 

The serum comes in an amber bottle, and each pump delivers a little squirt of product. I like that this makes it so that you don't end up wasting any of it, as I'm prone to being a little generous with slathering products on my skin, and I find about 3 pumps of this to give me just enough product to cover my face and neck sufficiently. This has a thin, but not runny, consistency, and it disappears in a flash.

 

This has a scent to it, but one that I don't find to be particularly pleasant, unfortunately. It does disappear really quickly, so it doesn't bother me, but it's quite sharp and a little sour, so if you are sensitive to scents, you may want to try this before you buy it, so you know what you're getting yourself into. I can't argue with the results, however, and I feel like my skin is looking quite luminous, and that shows through when I do my makeup. If you're looking for further information about Manuka RX, click on this link over here. Does this sound like something you'd like to try?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts