Review: Lux by Kim Evans Brow, Set, Go

 

Welcome to the weekend, where you're hopefully getting the chance to catch your breath after the big week you've just had. I'm still trying to get mine, after having had my sister visit for 2 weeks, followed shortly by my aunt coming over for a week, and now gearing up to having my favourite tween staying at my place, so it's really not looking like I'd be getting a break anytime soon! Thankfully, good makeup products can really help to take the load off a little bit, so that I can sleep in an extra 5 minutes in the morning!

 

I had something new land on my desk recently, and I was curious about Lux by Kim Evans from the moment I received it. Created by Kim Evans, who founded the Lux Brows and Lashes lash studio in Melbourne in 2014, the brand is all about enhancing brows and lashes while maintaining a natural look. Aside from in studio services, she has a line of products, including brow powders and pencils, as well as a body oil, among other things, that is designed to help you maintain your brows, and then some, in between visits to the experts. 

 

Lux by Kim Evans' latest drop, the Brow, Set, Go, is meant to help mimic the appearance of laminated brows. The Brow, Set, Go is a hybrid conditioning gel that is meant to both style and set brows, so that they can look effortlessly flawless all day, and stay in place. It's actually a new spin on a pre-existing product, the Brow Styling Soap, which is one of their best sellers, with the difference being that this comes in a tube, so that it's a convenient grab and go product, and one that you can also slick on easily if you're time poor.

 

The formula is infused with vitamins E and B, and this comes in a black tube that has an inbuilt spoolie attached to the cap. This means that all you need to do in order to use it is to unscrew the cap, pull it out, and brush the applicator from the base of the brow in an upward direction. This way, you can create the desired lift and shape, sealing it in place with the Brow, Set, Go. I find the formula to be quite lightweight, not at all flaky, and being that it's clear, making a mistake is practically not an issue. It also means that this is perfect for all brow colours and skin tones. 

 

I haven't quite put it to the test in regards to it's sweat-proof and smudge-proof capabilities, but this is honestly does help hold things in place. This retails for $35, and you can find this, and more over at the Lux Brows and Lashes online store. It is a great product, but I wish I had more brow hairs, so that this could give it the appearance of even bigger, fuller brows. However, as someone with sparse hairs, I still find this to be a product that can help with my overall look, making the hairs closer to the middle of my face, which is where the hair is thicker, look fluffier and fuller, so if you're wondering if it's worth purchasing, I personally think it is! Is this something you can see working as part of your regular routine?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts