Review: Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate The Mist

 

Dry skin is the pits, I'm just going to say it. And no, I'm not throwing shade on babes with dry skin - my issue, as always, is all about me. I have normal to dry skin, and I definitely struggle more with this as the weather gets cooler, and now that the colder seasons are creeping up on me, I am trying to put certain actions in place to mitigate how unpleasant it could potentially get. I've been spritzing the skin hard with Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate The Mist, and I'm ready to share my thoughts!

 

Designed to be a spray that is actually take on the Hydrate Facial Serum (which is, surprisingly, one that I haven't tried from the brand yet), this can be used as both a toner that you'd reach for after cleansing your face, or as a pick me up throughout the day. This is available in two sizes, 30 ml for that on the go misting spray, and 120 ml, which can stay anchored to the vanity.

 

What makes this so special? This is infused with a blend of botanicals and humectants to help keep the skin moisturised, while also nourishing it. There is red seaweed extract, which is chock full of antioxidants to help fight free radicals, and it also aids in infusing cells with moisture. The inclusion of cucumber extract is there to help soothe and cool the skin, while there is also glycerin to assist in retaining hydration, leaving you with soft, moisturised skin.

 

I love that this comes in a clear glass bottle, so that you can see how much, or how little, you have left. While it may look a lot like water, this definitely feels like it's more than that. I really like that this actually does leave my skin feeling prepped and ready for my serums and lotions, and that this also seems to help perk my skin up over the course of the day, particularly when I've used it straight out of the fridge - it's an icy blast of hydration! 

 

The only critique that I would have would be that the spray isn't as much of a mist as I'd like for it to be - it definitely does blast the liquid on the skin a little more aggressively than I would like. If you're after a gentler experience, you can always consider what I've been doing for when my skin has been feeling a little fragile, and that is to pop some onto a reusable facial pad before wiping it onto my face. You can grab them for about $24 for 30 ml and $52 for 120ml, and I got mine from Cult Beauty. What's the latest and greatest mist you've tried?

Comments

Popular Posts