Review: Byoma Moisturising Gel Cream

Happy Monday! I spent my weekend hanging out with one of my favourite people in the world, and it was glorious! I highly recommend packing up some essentials and heading for the hills when the world gets too much, and filling your cup by soaking up some extra time with the people you love. I spent the weekend having dinner at a wonderful restaurant, shooting the breeze with my fave babe while sitting in her outdoor spa, gazing at the stars, attended a play, then had the most wonderful day at arguably the best spa in Canberra! I mean, I did also faint, but it's very gratifying to know that the staff is trained up to the eyeballs to take care of damsels in distress, and I would recommend heading back to Hale Spa whenever you can!

 

In the midst of this very busy life that I lead, however, I don't let my skin suffer - wherever I go, I'm packing. Packing skincare, I mean! And of course, being in different states, jumping on planes, facing a range of environments - these all result in my skin reacting in an interesting manner. With Canberra being wet and cold over the weekend, to come back to a sunny Sunday made my skin go from dry to sweaty. The best thing to help keep my skin looking clear is having a good skin barrier, and Byoma has been doing it's darndest to protect my face.

 

The Byoma Moisturising Gel Cream retails for about $24 for 50 ml of product, which makes it one of the more affordable purchases I've featured on this blog for while. The main purpose of this cream is to help repair damage to the skin, drawing in and retaining moisture while reducing inflammation. This contains a blend of barrier boosting tri-ceramide complexes (ceramides, cholesterol, fatty acids), as well as niacinamide and green tea, which comes delivered in a lightweight, gel moisturiser.

 

Given how light this is, absorption is an absolute breeze, even when I'm using about five pumps of this to cover both my face and neck. I like that this doesn't have a scent to it, which makes it a safe bet to use during the day, so that I don't end up having to offend any of my fragrance sensitive feline patients. The texture makes it an easy one to wear both in the morning and at night, and I love that this also doesn't react with any other products, and it doesn't pill, which is great.

 

This comes in a cute pink opaque bottle that also has a firm cap, and is easy to pull off and stays on really well when it's in place. I find that this seems to help my skin feel a little better moisturised, and that my skin is holding up quite well with the variations in my environment. This is also designed so that you can refill it, which means a little less packaging in the world! I got mine via Cult Beauty. Have you heard of Byoma before?

Comments

Popular Posts