Review: Rochway Beauty Sleep


When it comes to sleep, it's a test that I can definitely ace. When it comes to beauty sleep, however, where I'm supposed to go to bed earlier, or not look at my screen, I can be a little iffy, because I need to be prodded to go bed - for someone who loves sleeping, and can drop off with nary a care on planes, trains and automobiles, for some reason, it takes me a while to meander my way to Bedfordshire. 


That said, I've been really trying to integrate a little bit of something positive into my routine at night, and it has been quite successful with excellent results. I'm talking about the Rochway Beauty Sleep, which happens to be Australia's first beauty sleep tonic, so that it can help you take the edge off your day, and allow you to drift off to a good night's sleep, while still working extra hard to balance your skin and gut. For the ultimate lazy girl, I have to say, this sounds like an excellent idea!


We all know that getting adequate zzz's is essential to good health, and that includes both mental and physical health, and the sour cherry that's included as part of the ingredients is full of melatonin, which can help with orienting the circadian rhythm to help you get your full hours of snooze. There is also marine collagen to help with rehydrating and regenerating the skin, so that it can help with skin elasticity and skin texture while you're resting.  

Additionally, valerian and hops can help in getting you to a calm and relaxed state, which then in turn aid you with your slumber. To top it off, this also helps support good gut bacteria, given that it has 6 strains of probiotics, and it is 99% sugar free, and is naturally flavoured. While it is gluten and dairy free, this does contain fish products, which means that this product isn't vegan.


The product comes in an elegant glass bottle with a screw cap, and it also includes a little beaker that you can use to tip exactly 20 ml into every night. It is recommended that you actually consume this 1 to 2 hours prior to going to bed, then just let it work it's magic. Let me just say that if you're sensitive to it like I am, perhaps consider taking this about 20 minutes before going to bed, because I get quite sleepy with this on board! The very first time I took it, I just felt relaxed, a sense of calm. Over the next few days, I realised that I was yawning excessively in the evenings, and it took me a while to realise that it was because of the tonic! 


This has a berry flavour that I didn't love to begin with, I'm not going to lie, but I've adapted to the taste, and I find it more pleasant the more I have it. My sleep/wake cycles are smoother, even for someone who sleeps like the dead, in that I don't seem to have as many moments where I'm semi awake in the middle of the night, drifting in and out of sleep. While I can't be absolutely confident that this is doing a huge amount for my skin, even though I think my face does look a little brighter and happier, I do really enjoy what it does for my sleep, which, I feel, can help with my skin. When I'm well rested, it certainly shows, because when I don't get enough zzzs, I can certainly tell! 


I've actually really enjoyed using this tonic, and I'm tempted to grab a second bottle (and some!) online, which you can find over here. Do you use any supplements? If so, which do you use religiously?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts