Review: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Dream Body Cream

 

I know that we're in the middle of Winter right now, but did anyone else find it unseasonably warm a few days ago? I mean, I was wearing more than one layer to begin with, and I ended up having to peel them off - it was even warm when I went out at night! I was wearing flip flops during the day! I tell you, Winter in Sydney is sometimes beautiful, not just cold and miserable. The other thing that is now making me love Winter this year is the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Dream Body Cream - all the moisture that my body needs when the weather is dry, with just the right notes of watermelon to invoke memories of Summer.


This body cream is as the name states - it's a cream, not a lotion. This comes in an opaque pink bottle, equipped with a pump, and with each push, this releases a dollop of cream that has an almost whipped consistency. It is also pink, and it has that sweet watermelon scent that I find very enticing. I find it's application curious - this spreads on the skin nicely, and while it feels like it takes a bit of rubbing to get it to thin out and spread over the body, it seems to get absorbed in a flash when you take your eyes off it. I know that sounds weird, but it's like it just disappears in a snap, after what seems like 3 minutes of straight rubbing. 

 

 

What I love most about it, though, is that despite being a thick cream, my skin ends up feeling like there isn't any cream on it - instead, it just feels moisturised, like well loved skin, without a film left on the skin, which also means that my clothes don't end up sticking to me like cling wrap. This also has the added bonus of having hyaluronic acid in the ingredients, which explains why my skin feels like silk, and hibiscus AHA as an exfoliant. 

Ultimately, it's a beautiful combination of that refreshing watermelon scent, with that smooth skin, well moisturised feeling. This may have a bigger price tag than I'd be keen on for a regular product, but if you're looking in indulge in a lightweight, yet creamy body butter, this could be yours for $42, and you can find it online here at Mecca. What has been your biggest must try body product of 2021?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts