Brand Focus: Flower Beauty

Hello, my little love bugs! I've been so busy enjoying my time with a super cute brand that I actually haven't posted about it until now - that's how you know I'm really vibing with a brand! And that is none other than Flower Beauty, which, of course, is the brain child of the wonderful and adorable Drew Barrymore! I first tried this brand for myself about a few years ago, as I was curious about Flower Beauty, having heard so much about it, and I remember really liking it, but with so much to try at that point, it sadly got swept away by everything else. This time, however, I was sent a few different bits to try, and essentially, I set myself the task of wearing and trying most of these products out regularly, and I'm so excited to actually talk about them now!


Starting with the lippies, I was sent two Miracle Matte Lips in Scarlett Letter and Almost Nude. I thought that the Almost Nude was going to be a pinkie nude, but sadly, the shade came out a little too pale for me, even with my Winter colouring! It was a bit of a shame, really, because I thought the colour was gorgeous in the tube. Thankfully, the Scarlett Letter more than redeemed the lip situation for me, because that one is *chef's kiss* beautiful! 


My initial impression of this was that it was maybe going to be too bright for me, but lo and behold, once it was on, it was gorgeous! It's was just the perfect shade of red for me, and I love that this does dry down wonderfully matte, but doesn't end up leaving my lips feeling chapped. I do wish that this had more of a I find that this wears well, although it does mostly get eaten off when you're stuffing your face. Overall, though, this is a great matte lippie at just under $10, and I would so get this in a bunch of different colours! 


Can I just say, I love that the blushes are called Flower Pots? I received one in Peach Primrose, and it's the perfect shade of just flushed blush for me! This also has the cutest little flower pattern printed into it, which will, sadly, wear away over time, but for now, it makes me smile every time I pop this open. The Day Glow Highlighting Glaze in Stunner is quite a soft highlighter, to give me that 'yes, I'm still feeling very moisturised despite being in the middle of Winter' look, without it actually getting to that golden-hour highlighted points finish that I tend to go for when I head out the door for social engagements, making this just right for daily wear.

I have to say, the piece de resistance of this entire set is the Gimme Gold Eyeshadow Palette! While there is quite a bit of fall out, I find that this wears well throughout the day. I find the colours all very wearable, and the shades are all quite smooth, without any of them ebing particularly chalky. I like that they included both matte and shimmer shades, so you can create a bit of dimension and add a bit of diversity to your look. 


I'm really looking forward to breaking out the primer and mascara soon, as I haven't had the occasion to try them out just yet - let me know if you think they deserve a post of their own! Which product is the most underrated and what would you be keen to try?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts