Review: Go Healthy Go Magnesium Powder


Right, so I know that this isn't your typical skincare/makeup post, but let's face it, Temporary Princess focuses on lots of things that relate to your general well being, and physical health and mental health go hand in hand, really, so this is certainly relevant! Today's post is about one of my favourite supplement brands, and that is Go Healthy!

If you watch my stories, then you'll know that I've been running through a bunch of Go Healthy products of late, including my beloved Magnesium Sleep, which I thoroughly enjoyed taking! As someone who is on her feet all day, and who exercises quite regularly, I have also woken up to some of the most gripping, intense and horrific calf cramps in the middle of the night. I don't know about you - I sleep like a log, but when one of these kicks in, it feels horrendous, and I wake up, almost squealing in pain, and the feeling continues to linger for quite a while.

It wasn't until I mentioned this to a friend of mine, who taught pole dancing, that it was an ongoing issue, that I was recommended to try some magnesium, and honestly, I haven't looked back! With regular usage, I have noticed a marked reduction in my nocturnal calf cramps, to the point where I honestly only seem to have them when I've over done things, which isn't very often. I have been using magnesium in the capsule form for quite a while now, and only switched over to the powder mix a few weeks ago.

I find that this is a little bit more work than capsules, and that I have to actively remember to reach for this, and mix it into a solution, which, in turn, makes it a little harder to work into my routine. I have forgotten to do this every now and then, but then I end up paying for it when I wake up to the painful tugging of my calf muscles, and you know what they say about pain being a motivating tool!

On the flip side, I feel like it encourages me to drink more water, because you have to mix it in with some in order to actually get it down, whereas you don't need as much of it when you're swallowing the capsules. This mixes easily, and has a slight lemony taste to it, as well as a mildly gritty texture. This is also great for people who have difficulty swallowing capsules and tablets, and I was definitely one of those people, up until my mid-20s. In fact, even now, when I have oversized tablets to swallow, I still occasionally struggle with them. 

It's a reliable product that works well, as long as I can remember to use it! Find out more about the product over here, and if you're wanting to get some for yourself, make sure you hit up retailers like Chemist Warehouse. What is your preference - capsules or powder?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts