Review: MUD Pure Matte Liquid Lipsticks


I know that glosses are currently enjoying their time in the spotlight, and while I'm loving the revival, I've been a fan of the matte lip for a few years now, and it's hard to get away from it, particularly on windy days. Hence, the MUD Pure Matte Liquid Lipstick was an exciting find for me when it landed in my mailbox, and baby, these are some good ones!


Advertised as an ultra-rich, long lasting and super lightweight, these lippies definitely live up to the hype!


Firstly, let's just keep in mind that MUD is an extremely budget friendly option for those who are looking to add products to their collections, but don't want to splash out too much dough. It's an easily accessible brand, given that it's in every Woolworths I've ever gone into, and this also means that it's something that you can slip into your trolley, while feeling pious that you haven't added to the overall food budget very much. On top of everything else, MUD does a good job with so many of their products (hi, liquid eyeliner!), but like all brands, also has a few products that don't quite hit the mark when it comes to me (sorry, mascara).


Well, I couldn't be more psyched about these liquid lipsticks, because for $7, you can pick up one of these and they are really good value! Sadly, this comes in only 4 shades at the moment, but just hold me back if there should ever be other colours, because I'd be adding them to my collection!


This comes in a slim tube, with a not-quite doe foot applicator, and it goes on smoothly. These are quite pigmented, even for the nude shades, and I love that they dry down beautifully. These are quite lightweight, and don't dry out my lips much - I can wear them quite comfortably with little touching up for at least 6 hours. For this price, this formula is insane!


I highly recommend picking these babies up - available in Nude Kiss, Blush Creme, Berry Spice and Red Rose. Let me know your favourite shade, and tag me on Instagram if you do a look with it!

What's your favourite MUD product that I need to try?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts