Review: Shea Moisture Clarifying Facial Wash and Scrub


My shower caddy is an exciting revolving door of beauty products, and this time, I had the pleasure of switching in the Shea Moisture Clarifying Facial Wash and Scrub. Shea Moisture is a brand that is still relatively to us here in Australia, and I love the ethos behind the brand.



Shea Moisture is the brainchild of one woman who started it all in 1912 in Sierra Leone by selling shea nuts. Shea butter and haircare evolved from that, and her brand has now gone global, thanks to her grandchildren. I have seen shea moisture in a lot of places, including Priceline here, and numerous pharmacies in the States, and it's amazing that this all blossomed from one little kernel of an idea. I'm so in love with that idea!


I've been trying out something that isn't particularly appropriate for my skin type, mostly out of curiosity, and I'm glad that I've had the chance to give it a go. I've been using the African Black Soap Clarifying Facial Wash and Scrub, which comes in a clear tube with a flip lid and a black label on the front with yellow lettering. The scrub itself has scattered grittiness, and it's scent is almost a little medicinal, with a touch of powdery chocolate.


The product is relatively thick, and when applied and used, I really like that this doesn't dry out my skin. Given that it is appropriate for people with blemish prone skin, I thought that it would have done that - instead, it's not harsh, but it's gentle and easy on the face. It did feel like I left a little film on my skin, which I can only imagine is meant to help with the oil balancing for those who struggle with tricky skin.


I'm actually pretty interested in how this would work on someone with skin that needs a little bit of help when it comes to oil control. For someone with normal skin, I did like that it didn't dry out my skin, or cause things to go off balance. You can find it at Priceline here in Australia for $29.99.

What are your thoughts on Shea Moisture? What products are you interested in trying from their line?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts