Review: Pixi Glow Tonic


I know that Pixi has been around for ages, and that Glow Tonic has been talked about to death, judging from what comes up when you put Pixi into Google search, but I feel like it's a cult product for a reason, and as such, I'm having a chat about it today!


Firstly, what is Glow Tonic, and why do people love it so much? It's a toner that contains 5% Glycolic Acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid, and the primary reason why people love it so much - for the very fact that this helps in sloughing off and removing dead cells, allowing for smoother skin to come through with a glow. 


It is also packed with witch hazel, aloe vera, ginseng and horse chestnut seed extract, and without alcohol - all meant to help prevent inflammation of the skin, hydrate your face and remove excess oils. I initially thought that this could be a little harsh on the skin, but was gratified to find myself proven wrong. It comes in a clear bottle, with a pastel green label and screw cap. The product itself is orange, and I just pour it onto a cotton round, and this is sufficient for my whole face. 

This doesn't cause any irritation to my skin at all, and I find that this complements the other parts of my skincare routine really nicely. It does leave my skin feeling softer, and definitely does not cause any tightness to my face. I use this daily, and I make sure that I also use SPF lotions when I'm going out, due to my skin being more sensitive and prone to damage as a result of using a toner with an AHA in it.

Another upside of this? I love that it is inexpensive, standing at $44.95 for a generous 250 ml at TVSN. I mean, it lasts for ages, using this once daily, and more so if you're not used to AHAs, and using this every couple of days. 

You can get it on the TVSN website, and they are also stocked at other places in Australia like David Jones.

Have you tried Glow Tonic before? What's your favourite toner?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts