Another Priceline haul and dinner with friends!

Apparently I have the will power of a gnat! I caved earlier this week after having one helluva day and bought a few items from priceline while their Australis sale was going on. For the grand total of $10.85, I picked up:

image
 
image

image

See Ya Later nail polish remover
Facial wipes
Pretty Pastels limited edition palette

Just look at how pretty the palette is! I took it out for a test drive last night when i went out for dinner, and did a quick smokey eye, using a bit of Aveda cream eyeshadow as my base/primer, and found the shadows easy to work with. Also, the blush and bronzer were quite pigmented, and while the pressed powder wasn’t too bad a colour for me, the fallout from it was ridiculous!
Overall, a good affordable palette which is going to be handy for long weekends!

In other news, two of my closest friends, Mrs AM and Miss GS (aka Miss Gigantically Successful - she’s going to hate this name!) are going away for 5 months and 6 weeks respectively, so we had our last powwow on Wednesday night. Ever the willing guinea pig for makeup, Miss GS let me do her eyes, and here are the results:

image

image
 
image
 
I used the Essence loose matt powder, Skin 79 BB cream and the Savvy by DB eye palette that I’ve been keen on recently.

As people who try to talk weekly (sometimes we play phone tag for a month before we can catch up!), it’s going to be hard for me not to reach for the phone to give them a jingle! As their self-appointed beauty person (part of their birthday presents every year is a new mascara), I gifted them with a Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lip balm each, with SPF 15, and also passed Miss GS a small bottle of moisturizer for the plane, which I hope she puts to good use. Safe travels, ladies!

Comments

Popular Posts