Review: Votary Daily Apple Toner Malic Acid and Prebiotic

 Are you ready to get up and kick some ass today? Let's set the tone right for the week, because it's gonna be a big one! Also, you may have noticed that I did not do a post yesterday and for that, I apologise - I was dealing with some self inflicted terribleness (read: might have had a bit too much fun on Friday night), and I could not get anything done! I've got lots of things going on this week, so I'm super aware that I need to be on the top of my game with everything, and that includes my skincare, which is why I'm starting the week STRONG with Votary, and their Daily Apple Toner Malic Acid and Prebiotic. This has been helping me achieve skincare goals, and I'm excited to be sharing it with y'all!

 

 If you're new to Votary, well, don't be! I've only tried a small handful of products from the brand, and I can honestly say that everything I've trialled, I've enjoyed using! Here's a little introduction to the brand - what's so good about Votary, and why should you use it? Votary takes clean skin seriously, and they harness the power of plant oils and botanicals to help achieve happy, healthy skin with a glow. All of their products are vegan, and free of animal derived ingredients. Their products are made in the UK in small batches, and the outer paper and card packaging, as well as glass bottles, are all recyclable.

 

What exactly is the Votary Daily Apple Toner Malic Acid and Prebiotic? This contains a combination of AHAs, including malic and lactic acids, balanced to help brighten and smooth the skin. There is also milk thistle in it to help soothe the skin, while the addition of glycerin is present to increase hydration and glow. There is also liquorice extract, which can help even skin tone. Last but not least, prebiotic inulin is there to help rebalance the skin's microbiome, and to assist in boosting hydration.

 

This comes in one of their familiar green bottles, and a screw cap that reveals a small opening upon it's removal. I don't find this to have a discernable scent. and I pour a small amount of this onto a reusable pad prior to wiping this over my skin. This agrees well with my skin in that it's quite gentle, and doesn't result in a negative reaction. In fact, since I started using it, my skin has been noticeably happier, in that my face is looking a little bit brighter, and there is a bit of a subtle shift in how much smoother my skin seems to feel.

 

My main and only complaint about this is that the way to get the product out isn't my favourite - it involves a bit of shaking and flicking, and some inevitable wastage, which isn't great. I mean, on the upside, you're meant to shake it up before pouring it out, so I suppose this is actually almost kinda helpful! This retails for about $70 on Cult Beauty, and if you're after more information about the brand, you can head over to their website. Does this sound like a toner that you'd be excited to try?

Comments

Popular Posts