Review: Natasha Denona Hy-Gen Skin Glass

We all know how the way you look can affect the way you feel, and vice versa. When you're not feeling your best, that can reflect in your physical appearance. And of course, when your skin is freaking out and and your makeup doesn't seem to be cooperating, it's doesn't make you feel like you're having the best time either. As someone who needs to rely on her makeup to get her through the day (and sometimes, they are very long days), it's important to me to have a great primer to create the best base and start myself off on the right foot.

 

I was introduced to the Natasha Denona Hy-Gen Skin Glass a while back at a Sephora event, and I was intrigued by the product. A hybrid skincare/makeup product promised to act as both a serum and a primer? And on top of all that, it gives you a glowing, dewy base from which you can layer your makeup? Well, I think I was ready to drop my cold hard cash at Sephora before the tester drop even had the chance to dry on the back of my hand!

 

This primer serum is said to be made with ultra-fine reflective pigments and cutting edge skin-perfecting compounds, and it's supposed to refresh and restore the skin's natural balance, while adding a luminous glow to the skin. There is a blend of moisturising ingredients, such as Mediterranean micro-algae and anti-aging peptides, designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, hperpigmentation and signs of fatigue, leaving you with radiant and nourished skin.

This comes in a dropper bottle that contains about 20 ml of product, and while that doesn't sound like very much, particularly when you take into account that it retails for $75, all you really need is a few drops - I'm talking 3 to 4, because a little goes a long way. Each pearlescent drop thins out when smoothed over the skin, and the result is that lit from within glow, in a flash, that we're all seeking from those green smoothies we drink by the barrel. 

 

My favourite way to wear this is on it's own, without any foundation over it, but I can also say that it works incredibly well with my base products, and the result is skin that looks incredibly dewy and gorgeous. I find that this wears quite nicely throughout the day, and I've already decided that this would be my new go to for when I'm travelling, so that I can shake off that dull, dry skin that comes from being on a plane. Head over to Sephora to grab your very own.

Comments

Popular Posts