Review: Antipodes Baptiste H20 Ultra-Hydrating Water Gel

 

Antipodes is a brand that I've been loving for a long time, and I feel like, with the introduction of the Baptise H2O Ultra-Hydrating Water Gel into my life, it's definitely reignited the initial feelings that were sparked when I first fell for the brand. And because I'm loving it, I thought I'd share my views on this with everyone else, so that you could get the tingles too!


This comes in an amber jar that has a screw lid, making it easy to get the product out of the container. The jar contains 60 ml of product, and retails for $47. This has two key ingredients - manuka honey and hyaluronic acid. The manuka honey has antibacterial properties, while the naturally sourced, plant based hyaluronic acid helps to attract moisture to the skin. Together, these work as a humectant, sealing moisture in the skin, while harakeke gel and mamaku black fern and hibiscus flower revitalise cells and protect the skin.

I find this to have a faint, but gorgeous, rose scent, and to also have a light, peachy tinge to it. The formula is what I'd define as a gel cream - a light texture, which is intense enough to quench the thirst that your skin has going on. On me, this doesn't get absorbed to the point where you no longer feel it. Instead, it feels like there's a slight slick of moisture on the skin still, which I personally don't mind. And the main reason that I don't mind, is simply because, well, it's awesome! I love that this leaves my skin feeling plump, and wonderfully moisturised.


I mean, all that sounds great and everything, but what about the the other bits of goodness that is associated with Antipodes? For example, this water gel is certified vegetarian (not vegan, given that it has honey), so for the little vegos among us, this is a handy one to be aware of. Let's not forget that they are also committed to repurposing, reusing and recycling what they can, which means that they also use recyclable boxes from 100% biodegradable cardboard derived from sustainable forests. They also use 100% eco ink from vegetables for their printing purposes - how cool is that!

  

The Antipodes Baptiste H20 Ultra-Hydrating Water Gel is such a welcome addition to the rotation, and it's certainly a very enjoyable product. If you're looking to try this for yourself, make sure you grab a jar from retailers like David Jones, or online at Adore Beauty. 

Are you a fan of gel creams, or are you more into traditional creams?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts