Review: Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen Lip

 

Now that masks are mandatory indoors at many places in NSW (finally!), I can tell you that I will be spending a lot of time putting lip balm and lip oil on my lips, so that I can keep them soft, supple and smile ready for when I take my mask off! I have seriously pared down the number of lip products in my handbag, simply due to the fact that it's more practical to not carry a whole bunch of lippies that I won't be using around with me, and one of the lip products that remains is the Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen Lip. 


What is this curious looking liquid and what does it purport to do? According to their website, the Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen Lip is a vegan collagen moisturising lip treatment that visibly restores lip fullness and contours. It comes in an elegant wand with a metallic green cap, and a clear mid section, so that you can tell how much you have left. 

 

To get the product out, all you have to do is twist the base, and a little dollop of it will appear on the end of the applicator. Glide it over the lips and allow it to work it's magic! I like that this adds a little tingle to my lips and that it has a somewhat sweet and minty taste to it. This lip treatment does sink into the lips, without leaving a residue, and it disappears in a short period of time. I will often follow it up with a lip balm, and I find that this allows me to have softer and less chapped lips for a longer period of time that I would if I didn't have the Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen Lip on as my base.


While I don't think it makes my lips look bigger, I feel like it keeps my lips looking plump, even up to a few hours after my initial application of lip balm and Algenist lip treatment. Grab two for $74.95 from TVSN over here - each tube holds 10 ml of product, and this will last you for quite a while, so this way, you can keep on and gift the other to someone you love, but can't kiss at the moment.


What is your favourite lip treatment product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts