Review: Bourjois Always Fabulous Stick Foundcealer


I feel like stick foundations have been making a serious comeback in the last couple of years, and Bourjois has now jumped onto the bandwagon. They have, however, taken it an extra step further, by creating the Always Fabulous Stick Foundcealer!
A foundcealer, you ask? Well, it's all in the name, and it's a foundation and concealer all in one, packed into a stick format that promises to be an easy to use, on the go type product. It is double ended, with the product on one end, and a cushion blender on the other. The packaging is simple, yet effective and looks quite elegant - a black tube with a rose gold tone cap that clicks into place nicely, and a clear cap for the cushion blender. My only complaint would be that the caps do feel a little flimsy, but they do actually fit onto the stick without threatening to pop off, which is really all I can ask for when I want to put something like that into my bag to carry around with me. No one likes having a loose cap rolling around in their bag, allowing for the smearing of foundation onto everything!


This lightweight foundation is easy to apply, and has a creamy texture, which makes blending a breeze. I just draw it onto the face (sometimes, if I'm feeling silly, I draw shapes onto my cheeks and forehead), then blend it out with a brush. I really like that it doesn't seem to transfer onto my clothes, which is a definite bonus when your daily workplace includes a white coat as part of your uniform.


I've also had the chance to use this as concealer, and while I prefer this for the light days when I don't have much happening under my eyes (which is pretty much never - I love sleep, but I never seem to get enough!), it is buildable so that you can achieve the coverage that you want. I stick mostly to getting a light coverage all over my face, and a medium coverage for my dark circles under the eyes. It also provides a semi-matte finish, but will work well with a liquid illuminator for that dewy shine. 


There are a total of 10 shades available and you will be able to find them in store now! I'm currently a Light Beige, and I'm NC25 when it comes to MAC foundations. These retail for $33 each, and given that I'm packing it with me when I go to Tasmania next month, you can be sure I'm happy with it! 

Have you heard of their Always Fabulous Stick Foundcealer? What do you think of stick foundations?

Comments

Popular Posts