Review: Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse *


In the Winter, I start to get seriously pale. No, really! I know I'm Asian, and that means I have the distinct advantage of remaining fairly dark still, apparently, but from my personal point of view, I honestly look like a totally different colour, and hence, in the Winter, I  miss my Summer self.


I was recently given the opportunity to brighten (or is it darken?) up my skin with some fake bake, and while I'm not a fake tan sort of girl, I really wanted to have my Summer tan back, so I thought I'd give it a go!

For any first timers, here are my words of wisdom when you're looking to do this:
1) Shave 24 hours prior to 'tanning'
2) Exfoliate just before to extend the tan
3) Don't wear anything too restrictive after tanning, as you can imprint onto the skin (although this one dried really quickly)
4) Use a tanning mitt to help spread the product
5) Moisturise regularly - but you should be doing that anyway!

Follow those steps, and you'll be tanning like a pro in no time! Or, at least, tanning without mad streaks and serious gaps in your tan.

The Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse comes out like a foam, and spreads easily on the skin. It takes about an hour to develop, and doesn't have a fake bake scent to it - instead, it actually smells quite flowery.

It comes in three colours, and I opted for the dark matte, which gave me a very sunkissed, was just out and about in the Summer look. Exactly what I was looking for!

It lasted for about 5 to 7 days on me before I realised that it was fading. I'm still darker now, two weeks down the line, than I was before the fake tan, but just by a bit.

It can be tricky to reach that little spot behind you, but persist and you should be able to get there!  

I like that this dried quickly, was mess free, and good for first timers. All in all, a very successful, melanoma free 'sun tan'!


Have you tried this self tanner before? If you do this often, what are your tips?

* This product was provided by Beautyheaven for my consider, but my opinions are my own

Comments

  1. I haven't seen this one, but I rarely use fake tan. I'm pretty pale too so maybe I should! I love the name 'sun shimmer' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Rimmel did these kind of products! Might investigate for the summer! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how to tan!! Lol! I haven't seen this around, kind of strange from the brand? I always wonder how do people tan their backs?
    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea this existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new product and so worth trying! I wouldn't recommend it for your hand right now, though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts