Hello cuties! I feel like I'm the biggest consumer in the world, with the sheer amount of stuff that I use up! I started off this blog thinking that there was no way I'd have more than 8 items per month, but wouldn't you know it, I manage to fill the basket every time!
I'm not sure if people are aware how amazing this is for me, not because it seems likes I'm using up an awful lot of stuff, but rather that I'm actually using it! I have hoarding tendencies, and as such, used to hold onto little things in travel bottles, but as anyone with a subscription to a beauty box knows, you'd accumulate a stockpile of stuff after a few months, so you have to constantly use things up in order to make way for new ones.
Enough chit chat - let's get down to the nitty gritty! Here's a rundown of everything I finished and one item I threw out in the month of October:
1) Pantene Always Smooth Shampoo - an old favourite and staple! Definitely something you'll find hanging around my shower caddy.
Repurchase? Already have
2) Pantene Intense Smoothening Leave-In Conditioner - I've been using this for ages, and have found it to work quite well.
3) Pantene Clinicare Intensive Resilience Masque - this was gifted to me by the lovely Miss SC (check out her blog here) and it's made my hair softer and more relaxed.
Repurchase? Don't have to - she gave me two tubes! But, yes, I would.
4) Edward Beale Ultra Gloss Argan Oil - this was my first ever hair oil, and it's lovely! It adds a bit of shine and gloss and this didn't weigh my hair down, even when I was a little heavy handed with it on a couple of occasions.
5) Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray - passed on to me by my sister, I used this as my travel hairspray for a bit. It worked relatively well, but the price tag on Bumble and Bumble here in Australia is just too much for me.
Repurchase? Would love to, but unlikely.
6) Lonvitalite Collagen Firming and Moisturising Face Mask - not my favourite, but not bad.
7) Lonvitalite 24K Active Golden Yulan Oil Facial Mask - see full review here.
8) Swisspers Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes - this has a refreshing scent to it, as per the name, and is moist enough with just the right amount of abrasion to take off most of my makeup, and as such, perfect for travel. It's not the best wipes ever, but pretty good.
9) Swisspers Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes Travel Pack - see above.
10) Benefit The Porefessional - this primer needs no introduction. It's my holy grail primer, leaving a trail of smoothness behind. I love this stuff! Additionally, for those new to it, a little goes a long way, so it's also extremely economical.
Repurchase? Done and done!
11) Nars Oil Free Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer - what a mouthful! Received as a gift from my sister, I didn't like this all that much. It's a watery consistency, and I found it to leave an almost sticky residue behind.
12) Dove Clinical Protection Deodorant - this has made a real difference to my life! This provides a ton of extra coverage, and at the risk of being overly descriptive, I find myself to smell just about the same after 8 hours at work, AND 3 straight hours of exercise, when used with the Dove deodorant spray!
Repurchase? Over and over again!
13) Rosken Dry Skin Cream - left behind by Miss SC when she jetted off to Brisvegas months ago, I finally got around to using it up. I rather liked the way it felt, but wished it had a bit more of a scent. This was a little uninspiring for me.
Repurchase? No, even though it got the job done.
14) Skin Medica Vitamin C Complex - this left my skin feeling very smooth, almost like when using the Porefessional. I think it did help with hydration and brightening of my skin.
Repurchase? Not at this point.
15) Juice Beauty SPF 15 Tinted Lip Moisturizers - this is a half finished tube, but it's going into the bin, because it hasn't lived up to expectations and I was hanging on to it for no real reason, aside from being a hoarder! This is a very hard moisturizer, and scraped the lips without adding any moisture to it.
16) Lush Celestial Moisturiser - this was lovely, but nothing out of the ordinary for the price it was.
17) Lush Ro Argan - Ahh... I love, love, love this scent! I'm still undecided as to whether I really like this in shower moisturizer or not. I think I might have to get another jar, JUST to make sure.
Repurchase? Yes, for, umm, scientific purposes.
18) IQ Derma Essentials Anti Wrinkle Serum - this made my skin ridiculously tingly, and I think I might have had an allergic reaction to it in the end, around my eyelids.
19) Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Night Firming Treatment - one of the better drugstore night moisturisers! This is quite good if you're on a budget. Soothing and hydrating!
20) Philosophy Inner Grace EDP - I used this at work, because it's rather non offensive. It's light and slightly floral.
21) Talavou Naturals Illuminiser - I really enjoyed using this to give me a golden glow, but I think I might have been a little heavy handed with it at some point. I couldn't help it! It's so pretty!
22) Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Carbon Mask - my first, and so far, favourite face mask! Received in a Lust Have It box (I think), this made my skin soft after getting all tingly! Just wonderful stuff!
23) Woolworths Homebrand Cotton Tips - takes me ages to use up a box! Great for getting eyeliner and makeup off the waterline.
24) Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner - Got this AGES ago, not a massive fan of this, but had to use this up. I thought this slipped on my eyelid quite a bit.
25) Molton Brown Patchouli and Saffron Body Wash - received in a Lust Have It, I really liked this wash. The scent was beautiful in the shower, but I didn't find that it lingered for long on the body.
Repurchase? No - too pricey!
26) Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub - really liked this scrub! I found that this left my skin feeling clean without feeling squeaky clean.
27) Woolworths Select Foundation Wedge - basic, does the job.
Repurchase? If I need to.
28) Bloom Luscious Locks Everyday Shampoo - I thought I'd try something different, but this didn't seem to be unique in anyway.
29) Sugar baby Crème Brulee Silky Smooth Scrub - a light coconutty scent, this did what it was supposed to.
30) Bonus! Glasshouse Gardenia Body Bar - this is Mr Prince's only contribution to the basket! He said that even though he thought writing reviews on everything wasn't necessary, he was well impressed by this bar of soap! That's a first!
Repurchase? As a treat for him, I would!
That's it for October! What a whopper! What did you finish this month?