7 Wonders for October: Favourites


Hello, all of you very cute people!
I hope your Sunday is going well! I thought I'd share some awesome things from the month of October with you, seeing as they're on the top of my list at the moment!
 

 
Chloe EDP - I loved this when I first sniffed it, but couldn't quite justify another bottles of perfume, which you would understand if you knew what my perfume collection consisted of, and finally caved after about a year, showing remarkable restrain! This smells sweet and incredibly pretty, with top notes of peony and freesia. This is also versatile in that it can be used at night, or during the day.

 
Maybelline BB Cream in Medium - as I get darker, this shade is becoming harder to wear, but for now and certainly in October, it's fantastic! A light and smooth consistency, it blends well without drying too quickly and is streak free. This rivals the Missha BB cream I was using throughout Winter, which is a big deal, because Western BB creams aren't quite on par with Asian ones just yet. This offers medium coverage and a matte finish.

 
Maybelline Baby Skin Primer - as a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional, this is pretty good. This has a similar consistency and comes out clear rather than flesh coloured and while is also smoothens the surface of your epidermis (just felt like being a little fancy there), this doesn't get it to quite the extend that the Porefessional does. This does, however, work well enough. It's not available in Australia, but you can get it on Sasa.

 
O.P.I. in Jinx (Liquid Sand) - I will be the first to admit that I love glitter on my nails, so having something this shiny on it blows me away. This nail polish dries quickly, preventing any terrible accidents, and it is so blindingly sparkly and in such a loud colour, it is virtually impossible to be depressed looking at them. This polish also gives me a sense of accomplishment when I use it, because it's really hard to mess up!

 
Mac Pigment in Teal - I've been loving a bit of green on my lids, and MAC came to the rescue with this little baby. Paired with gold or bronze, it adds a little edge to my normal everyday smokey eyes. While messy, this has great stating power and blends well.

 
Bloom Shadow Liner in Charcoal - received in a Bellabox, I was initially gutted I didn't get the lip stain, but not anymore! Supposedly versatile as a liner and a shadow, I've only used it to line my lash line, and while it's a little shimmery, it certainly creates a softer look than using black liner would. It's a lot less severe and I've been wearing it everyday to work for 3 weeks.


Prestige Blush in Spun Gold - a bit more of a bronzer than a blush, I dug this one out of the dust a while back. I've been using this as something in between seasons because of the difference in skin tone. This is pigmented enough to give me a little boost, and not so much that it turns me brown.

And that's it! What are you loving this month?

Comments

  1. I like that there's a dupe for the Benefit primer. I'm not a fan of it, but it's great for others. Benefit is just too pricey here in Oz :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! The prices here make me sad. :( Thank you so much for dropping by - I love your blog!

      Delete
  2. I love charcoal eyeliner, i would say charcoal liner has changed my world. ok maybe not quite so extreme but i find using a bit of charcoal liner gives me just enough of a dramatic look. I use the one by Nude by Nature (which I happen to love- the only thing of theirs that i do like). I tried the Bloom one a couple of times but i found it hard to apply and a little too sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't quite as smooth as you'd want it to be, so I don't think it'd be brilliant as an eyeshadow, but certainly not a bad liner! Charcoal is amazeballs - I thought black was the new black - is charcoal now the new black?

      Delete
  3. also i think you know how i feel about the maybelline BB cream - love it! It's not completely matte on me though so have to use powder over the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have tried it if you hadn't gone on about it! It's brilliant!

      Delete
  4. I got very excited seeing Maybelline's BB cream!! I received a few satchels to try out and feel in love with it! I can't believe how smooth and easy to blend it is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts