Review: Antipodes Hallelujah Cleanser and Makeup Remover


Oh my GOLLY! Can we please talk about something wonderful for a moment? Antipodes is one of the longest running brands on this blog that seems to consistently serve up amazing goodies, and I've only just tried something that's existed within the range for quite a while, and it's absolutely blown me away. I'm talking about the Antipodes Hallelujah Cleanser and Makeup Remover, which is a lime and patchouli scented cleanser that has been working hard to help me take the day off.

 

This divine cleanser comes in an amber bottle made of glass, with a firm pump that produces a sufficient amount each time you push down on it. The cleanser is creamy, both in colour and texture, and this is very efficient at not just removing the impurities from my skin, but also getting rid of all the leftover bits that my general impatience missed with my quick swipe of reusable pad and micellar water combination, in my haste to make it to the shower after a very long day.

 

I massage this over my skin in rhythmic rotational strokes in a bid to cover the full surface area of my face, and I find this easy to work with. This results in my skin feeling soft, smooth and ready to absorb all of the goodness that my evening skincare routine has to offer. As always, when something works well on me, I like to what's in it, so that I can find out what's compatible with my skin, so what exactly are we looking at that's making my skin sing?

 

The main heroes in this cleanser are Avocado Oil, for all those lovely anti-oxidants and Vitamins A, B1, B2 and D, as well as our friends, the Omegas 3 and 9, and Kawakawa Leaf, which can help combat blemishes and help protect the skin from environmental contaminants. Other notable ingredients include Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil and Grapefruit Seed Extract.

 

This should be of no surprise to anyone that this is vegan, and comes in recyclable cardboard packaging made from 100% biodegradable cardboard from sustainable forests, printed with eco ink from vegetables. Retailing for $43, you can find this little gem where Anitipodes is stocked, including online, and at places such as David Jones, Adore Beauty and Priceline. If you haven't tried this yet, give it a shot - I hope it brings a smile to your face like it has done to mine!

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts