New Release: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer Collection

Burt's Bees has honestly been wowwing me with their offerings this year, and I feel like each new collection is yet another building block that cements Burt's Bees' status as one of the forerunners in my lippie drawer. I mean, there is just about one texture/finish/colour for every occasion at this point, yet I feel like each new release heralds the start of something else amazing! And given how their Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer Collection is available in 14 shades, this is something that could definitely get behind!

 

Burt's Bees is shaking it up by revamping their Lip Shimmer collection, which now comes in a more sophisticated tube, with each tube colour corresponding with what's inside. In each thin tube is a lip balm hybrid product that contains Vitamin E and responsibly sourced beeswax to help nourish and moisturise the lips, while Sunflower Oils are there for enriching the lips. This also contains Peppermint Oil, which you can feel shortly after application, as well as smell it in the tube when you pull the cap off, which can cause a refreshing tingle to the lips. 

 

They range from the palest of pinks to peach hues, bold reds and mysterious berry shades. My favourite of the lot has to be the classic red shade, Rhubarb - one swipe of this gives my lips medium coverage, and this looks great with my skin tone. As someone who tested this out on her other half, I can also attest to the fact that my husband found this relatively appealing on his lips, and he said that he could test a bit of peppermint as well, which he found quite festive, at this time of the year! 


These retail for $9.95 each, and I fear that the worst thing about them is that I will end up with about 6 in my handbag at any point in time, simply because they are all different colours, and I could 'really use the options' - you know what I'm talking about! When I clean out my handbags, which is not as regular as I'd like for it to be, I inevitably find that I've been hording products in them, adding to the collection over time. Given that these are slim, I'm not holding out hope for keeping them out of my bag - I hope they like living on the go with me!
 
 

They can now be found at different retailers, including Priceline, David Jones, Adore Beauty, Amazon and Big W. As always, the products are not tested on animals, and the jar, cap, and carton are all recyclable. I really like that they are lightweight, while still packing a bit of a punch with colour, and that they stain the lips a little too. What would your go to shade be?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts