Review: Romand Zero Velvet Lip Tints

 

I will admit that I probably buy too much, and don't save enough, and that for a period in my life, I was deeply obsessed with Korean Beauty and that I spent way more time and money on K-beauty products than I should have. Aside from amassing a ridiculous amount of stuff (so I like to surround myself with beautiful things!), I also learned that Korean companies, aside from making the packaging super cute, really do take their beauty seriously, and mostly, rather affordably.


I was sent some lip products recently by Romand, which stirred up those feelings of nostalgia and general good will towards K-beauty, and I'm very happy to report that those feelings are justified, because these are genuinely good! The whole basis of this range is that it's meant to be a selection of MLBB (My Lips But Better) shades that are said to sit comfortably on the lips in a weightless manner, and these are supposed to suit both warm and cool skin tones.


There are quite a few shades in the entire range, and I was sent two nude colours, as well as two deliciously red ones. It is true to the name - it is a lip tint, so this doesn't actually provide you with that full coverage look to the lips, but for a lip tint, this is surprisingly pigmented, and that includes the nudes. It's also meant to have 'blurring' effect on the lips, I'm guessing to reduce the look of any imperfection, and it's hard to explain, but it does make everything look a little smoother, and the lines of your lips a little less obvious, like you've applied a silicone based primer or something.


Toasty Nude is not the kind of colour that I would normally go for, but surprisingly, it's my pick of the lot for my daily lip and it's so gorgeous! It's like a soft burnt orange almost, but with a bit more of a 'Just ate some fruit that coloured my lips' look to it. It's certainly my go to for Spring, and completes a fresh faced, minimal makeup look. This is really easy to wear, and it is lightweight, and while it does get eaten away when you're consuming anything, application is a breeze with the doe foot applicator in the cap. 


I have to say, all the shades are lovely, and these are really easy to wear with just about anything. These are perfect for the current weather, and I look forward to having these on a regular rotation in my bag! They have a bit of a matte finish, and I love that they also aren't horrendously expensive, retailing for just $20, and can be found on sale at a number of different websites. For my first introduction to this brand, it's been very positive! What have you tried from Romand?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts