Review: Dermalist Radiance Essentials Kit

I don't know if you know this, but I'm crazy about exfoliating my skin! And by that, I mean any part of my skin - face, body, booty, you get the idea. I've been trying out a brand that's new to me, and it's a pleasure to introduce Dermalist to the blog! I've been using the Dermalist Radiance Essentials Kit, and it's been pretty fantastic.


This kit contains a total of three products, the Ultra Hydrating Lactic Cleanser, Ultra Smoothing Facial Exfoliant and their Allserum Skin Perfecting Serum. Now, full disclosure, I haven't had a chance to try the Allserum Skin Perfecting Serum yet, but that's purely because I spent a full 10 minutes attempting to get the product out of the packaging, and I just couldn't get it to budge. That said, though, I haven't given up hope yet, and I will be getting it out of the tube somehow!

 

And believe me, I wouldn't be trying too hard if the other two products weren't so awesome! Let's talk about these gorgeous cleansers from Dermalist! This cleansing duo comes in sleek, glossy black packaging with caps that are easy to unscrew when your hands are already wet from the shower. The Ultra Smoothing Facial Exfoliant has very fine, gritty pieces that gives me a nice, even scrub, without feeling like it's overly harsh on my skin. This is what happens when you combine enzymatic, physical and chemical exfoliants - a thing of beauty, which also happens to be what I call my skin! Just kidding, but honestly, after using this, it does feel like a thing of beauty! 

 

When it comes to the chemical and enzymatic side of things, lactic, glycolic, mandelic and citric acids, as well as pomegranate enzymes are the babes that do all the heavy lifting, while 100% biodegradable beads in two sizes take care of the physical side of things. When used two to three times weekly, my skin is a lot happier, and more able to absorb the multiple layers of products that I lather on after cleaning my skin. Of course, that all happens after I use the Ultra Hydrating Lactic Cleanser, which is the perfect follow up to the exfoliant!


This lactic acid-based cleanser has a soft, gel texture that eats through the leftover makeup and dirt, dissolving all the signs of your day. It has a gentle exfoliating action, which is also meant to help allow other products penetrate the skin easier, while removing dead skin cells. The magic doesn't stop there, though, as there's also finger lime and Vitamin C to brighten the skin, while green tea helps to protect against free radical damage. The addition of chamomile and niacinamide act to calm the skin, reducing inflammtion, and mango, papaya and pineapple fruit extracts and mandelic acid do their part in exfoliating the skin too. Last, but not least, there is also rosemary to detoxify the skin.

 

I feel like it's a very well thought out kit, and the cleansers are a really good fit for my skin. This does actually make me curious about the rest of the range, and I'm intrigued about what the serum might be like on my skin! This kit retails for $79, and you can find out more about Dermalist over here. You can also find them over on Adore Beauty! What have you tried from Dermalist?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts