Review: The Jojoba Company Jojoba Bean Natural Exfoliant

 

You know the term 'keen bean'? Well, I'm a keen bean for the jojoba bean! I know that I've waxed lyrical, endlessly, about The Jojoba Company, and for good reason! I love their skincare products, and I currently can't get enough of their cleansing oil. That said, though, I'm a little on the fence about their Jojoba Bean Natural Exfoliant.


This comes in packaging that is 100% compostable, which I love - sustainable living is what we should really be aiming for! Side note - I have a neighbour that takes my vege bits and apple cores for her compost, and another who's currently making lots of jams, so she gets my glass jars. See if you can find someone somewhere handy to redistribute things to, in order to reduce waste. Speaking of which, are you aware that the exfoliant is actually the leftover by product of what happens when you squeeze all that moisturising goodness out of the jojoba seed? How amazing is that! I mean, we're talking about utilising every bit of the plant, which is both clever, and reduces waste!


This is appropriate for both the face and body, and it is composed of 100% jojoba beans! These have been very finely milled, and they feel like the tiny grains of white, fine sand that you'd find on a resort beach. Mix a handful of this with some of the Jojoba Company's Wadi-Wadi Jojoba, and away you go! This really is fine enough to use on the face, as it's really not a harsh scrub at all, but that is precisely why I'm on the fence about it. 


 

While I find this to be gentle, I also feel like this doesn't entirely take off all the dried hair spray and shaving cream that I encounter in pole class. I do, however, enjoy using this when my skin is a little dry and could use a bit of exfoliating action, while allowing for the Wadi-Wadi Jojoba to infuse the skin with some much needed love and moisture.

 

So while I don't find this to be a multipurpose scrub, I do feel like it has it's applications. I also find it interesting that this scrub balls up when it comes into contact with any sort of liquids, so make sure you keep your hand cupped to allow the liquid to spread through the product sufficiently, or get a little bowl and place that in the shower with you. My favourite spot to get this is between my toes, because they are a little sensitive, but can still appreciate the exfoliating nature of the product! It retails $19.95 for a packet of 200g of product, and you can find them via their website over here.

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts