Review: Votary Super Seed Facial Oil

 

As the weather turns, which I definitely feel acutely, I always switch up my skincare, which means that I'm looking at trading in my lighter products for something a little heavy hitting, and that includes swapping out oils and creams for something that packs a bigger punch. In the meantime, however, this in between weather often causes me to waver (analysis paralysis, if you will), where I feel both an eagerness to change it up, while dealing with an unwillingness to switch anything around, because we're not quite in an established season of neither cold nor warm.


I know what you're thinking - I clearly have too much time on my hands. Well, that's not true, but I do take my skincare very seriously! And Votary has certainly reached a type of cult status that made me very interested in exploring it, so with that in mind, I headed online and picked up the Super Seed Facial Oil, which is a best seller on their website. Vegan and cruelty free, this oil is made from 21 different seed oils, which just sounds like they crammed a lot in there! I won't go into all of the different seeds responsible for this facial oil, but I will say that this is packed with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and that this has been designed to hydrate the skin while minimizing fine lines as it increases elasticity. 

This is suitable for people with sensitive skin, and those with hormonal skin. As someone with normal to dry skin, I find this to work well for me too. All you have to do is place about 5 drops into the palm of your hand, then gently massage it into the skin. I find this to not be too heavy, and I really like that for something containing the oils of 21 different plants, this doesn't end up making me feel like an oil slick. In a nutshell, I have enjoyed using this, but I don't feel like it quite lives up to the claims it makes.


Personally, I feel like the main reason that I would use this, would be primarily to combat skin dryness, as I haven't found it to be amazing at helping with elasticity or minimizing fine lines. That said, it really does do a great job with keeping my skin soft and hydrated. For those who are sensitive to it, this is also fragrance free. You can read more about it over here


I got my bottle via Cult Beauty, which often does wicked gift with purchases - just a side note that I thought y'all might like to know! This little bottle retails for 70 pounds, which roughly translates to AUD$125. Have you tried anything from Votary before? What would you recommend?

Comments

Popular Posts