Review: Garnier Micellar Reusable Eco Pads

 

Happy Thursday, my internet fam bam! I know that reusable pads for makeup removal is now part and parcel of just about everyone's makeup kits, which is something that makes me seriously happy. I mean, how can you not be excited that there are that many people who aren't adding to landfill on a regular basis? Think of how much you could be helping Mother Earth! Ok, ok, sorry, I got carried away on my soapbox! But if you haven't already made the switch, then now is your time!


I know that lots of different brands have already released reusable makeup pads, but I honestly can't think of any drugstore brands that carry something similar to them in their range. Of course, I could be wrong, so feel free to drop me a line and correct me! Now, it doesn't surprise me that Garnier would be the forerunner to drop something like this - they do a lot of really awesome products, and their micellar water remains among the top three I've ever tried. Seriously good stuff!


These come in a pack of three, and they are super cute! They are white on one side, and pink on the other, and these are soft and a little fluffy. They can sustain up to 1000 washes each, and it's recommended that you hand wash it with a bit of soap after each use, and to allow it to dry flat. While the colours are very cute, particularly in flat lays, this changes quite remarkably after a couple of uses, and I find it impossible to get my old makeup shades out of the pad, even with a washing machine.

 

While it's efficient at removing the bulk of my makeup with the help of their famed micellar water, which is the recommended way of using them, I find that this doesn't work very well when it's used with just tap water. I'm also not a massive fan of the fact that this feels like there are two pieces of material sewn together, because it makes it a little harder for this to glide over the skin without slipping. It's not the end of the world, but you have to work a little harder in order to get the makeup off your skin, which can be a bit of a nuisance. 


I admire that the brand has dropped something to fill the gap in the market from a drugstore brand perspective, but I also feel like a little bit of finessing could be done to make it go from a good to a great product. Currently available for $16.95, you can pick it up from a number of different retailers, including Chemist Warehouse. Have you made the switch to reusable pads? 

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts