Spotlight On: Rimmel Long-Lasting Foundation with Hydration Boost


Rimmel is quite easily one of my favourite drugstore brands, and it's really not hard to see why. The brand is well established, reliable, and continues to be innovative. I mean, at one point not that long ago, they came up with products for men - stuff for beards, such as powder and pencil etc. I really like the inclusivity and how it's marketed so that guys can tend their beauty needs too! If that's not thinking out of the typical makeup box, then I don't know what is!


I'm here today to talk about something that hasn't come up for a while - foundation! 2020 has been the year of skincare and less makeup, whether it's because people haven't been leaving the house as much, or whether people have simply been wearing less on their faces, as half of it is covered by a mask, not to mention that what's on your face also ends up on the inside of your mask. That said, though, Australia is actually doing so well that I might even consider wearing a base product soon, and if I do, you can bet that it will be the Rimmel Long-Lasting Foundation with Hydration Boost!


What are the claims for this particular foundation? It's supposed to have a long-lasting formula, which is also infused with hyaluronic acid and vitamin E, so that it can hydrate your skin, and keep it fresh, while providing it with coverage that can vary from sheer to full, depending on how much you use. This has a satin finish, for a more natural look, and will also give you some protection against the harmful rays of the sun, with SPF 20 as part of the formula. 


This foundation comes in 14 different shades, and while there may be room for more colours in the spectrum, this is a good start. As with most Rimmel foundations, I have been pleasantly rewarded with a base that sits well on the skin, that doesn't slide, and blends out beautifully. I think that my skin just agrees with Rimmel's products, on the whole, and I'm also impressed that it doesn't pull too pink on me, which is actually amazing, as I'm more of a neutral, rather than having pink or yellow undertones. 


Retailing for $18.95, this is one that's worth trying. Available from plenty of places that carry Rimmel, I would recommend this to those in need of a hydration boost. What is your favourite Rimmel foundation?

*These product were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts