Review: Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur


Happy Sunday, my little kittens! I hope that the week has been kind to you, and that you've also been kind to yourself. Remember, in trying times, all you can do sometimes, is try. I don't know who needed to hear this, but if you needed to, I'm happy that I got this chance to remind you. 

I'm also here to remind you to actually take your makeup off every single time you put something on your face, however insignificant it may feel to you. Removing your makeup means not waking up with a dirty pillowcase in the morning, and it also means allowing your skin to breathe and take a break from whatever's been applied onto it. In short - do it, it's good for you.

The key to effective cleansing lies in the actual cleanser itself, of course, but every skincare aficionado knows that one of the most important steps of removing your makeup is to actually use something to take off the bulk of it initially, such as with micellar water, an oil based makeup remover, a reusable wipe, or a combination of the above. Since the release of micellar water a few years ago, I've definitely been very firmly on that wagon - I mean, the ability to take the day off without leaving a big oil slick behind? Sign me up! 

I've been trying out the Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur, which I received as a gift with purchase when I bought something from them a few weeks ago. I thought that this was a ridiculously generous GWP, given that it's a full size bottle that would normally retail for about $64. The packaging is clean and simple - it's a clear bottle, which is great, because it shows you how much you've finished, so you can keep track of when you need to get a new bottle. It is very mildly scented, which is great for the girls who might be sensitive to stuff like that, because it's not overpowering, yet enough for girls like me, who like things to have a smell to it - after it, when your olfactory senses are triggered, scents can be very powerful at invoking memories.

The pump has a surprisingly small opening, and I say this because I'm used to pouring out my micellar water onto my Face Halo, and therefore, I was expecting this to be bigger, but having a smaller opening isn't a major issue in itself - it's just different to what I'm used to. The cap is also a little flimsy for my liking. But what of the product itself? I love that this is effective at taking off most of the daily slap,  and that it leaves my skin feeling soft, without any residual product. However, it does falter somewhat when it gets to the tougher bits of makeup, such as waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Overall, it's a decent product, but not as strong as I'd like for it to be. This does, however, drive home how much you should take advantage of GWPs when you get the chance to, because I'm not sure that I would pay the full amount for this, no matter how luxurious the brand is! What has been your favourite GWP discovery that is now a staple?

Comments

Popular Posts