Review: Elle Derm Brightening and Detoxifying Clay Mask

There are some days where I wish I could just crawl into bed (or sometimes, crawl under the bed), and just live there until I've slept for a million years, or at least until the day has passed, and it's over and done with. In lieu of that, because life doesn't stop just because you've having a bad day, I find something positive to do for someone else, or myself, and that includes masking myself to my happy place. That way, I can brighten up my mood, as well as my skin!

Elle Derm very kindly sent me some products recently, and included their Brightening and Detoxifying Clay Mask in the package, which went a long way to elevating my mood already! I've had the pleasure of smearing that all over my face in the last few weeks, and given that it's about half full (half empty?), I think it's time to talk about it!

This is a brightening clay mask that has been formulated with Australian Red Reef Clay and Pink Clay, and it contains Vitamin B5, bromelain and lactic acid, as well as aloe leaf extract, all mixed together to give you the following benefits:

  • minimise pore congestion and balance oil production
  • reduce redness and inflammation
  • bromelain and lactic acid help in exfoliating dead skin cells

Touted to be suitable for all skin types, included acne prone skin, and the babes with sensitive skin. All you need to do to use this is to apply it to your face and allow it to dry for about 5 - 10 minutes, or until the mask feels firm, before washing it off. It is recommended that you don't let it sit on the skin for too long, and that if you see signs of cracking, that's when you know you've left it on for an extended period of time. When it's left on for too long, this can cause the skin to become dehydrated, not to mention that it can be more difficult to remove.

This comes in a screw top jar, which makes the removal of the product for use quite easy. The consistency of this is quite thick, but it's easy to actually spread over the skin. It's relatively comfortable on, and doesn't slide off as you go about your day, letting it work it's magic. Once it's been washed off, my skin does look a little brighter, just in time for Summer! This retails for $34.95 each. and you can grab your own jar here.

If you'd like to read about my previous experience with Elle Derm, you can find it over here. Have you tried anything from Elle Derm before? If so, drop your link below - I'd love to hear your thoughts!

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts