Review: Retreatment Botanics Kakadu Brightening Serum


Rise and shine, beauties! For the babes who are working from home, the most important thing is to establish a routine, and get a schedule set up, so if you're reading this early in the morning, then good for you! If you're reading this later in the day, on one of your breaks, way to go! If you're struggling and you feel like you're doing the best that you can do, but that best is maybe not of the same standard that you previously had before COVID-19, know that you're not alone, and remember to reach out - it has not been an easy time for plenty of people. As long as you know that you could and should ask for help, you're halfway there!

Mental health check in aside, I'm here to talk about how to help your skin glow during this time! I'm excited to talk about something that's been living on my bathroom shelf for months, and something I've been telling people about verbally, but hadn't gotten around to writing up, until now! Call it my COVID-19 inertia, but honestly, I think I've just been trying to keep this little secret to myself!


The Retreatment Botanics Kakadu Brightening Serum is fast proving to be a staple in my arsenal of skincare products, and I just love this stuff! Suitable for all skin types, this serum comes in black bottle with rose gold accents and an excellent pump that doesn't seem to get stuck. It contains 30 ml of product, and retails for $89. It's all good to know, of course, but what's the serum really like?


Well, the Kakadu Brightening Serum does what the name suggests! Filled to the hilt with the goodness of native Kakadu Plum, wild Desert Lime and Finger Lime, this is crammed full of vitamin C. An excellent antioxidant, this helps with brightening the skin, while aloe leaf and hyaluronic acid help to hydrate the skin. This is a light, non-viscous serum that gets absorbed incredibly quickly, and leaves my skin feeling smooth, without a trace of it on the face.


This gives me a great glow, a lit from within shine, which I really love. I don't really feel like it's getting rid of any of my little freckles or areas of pigmentation, but I do love how my skin looks and feels as a result of using this serum. This has the added bonus of having a great luxe feel to the bottle,  and in addition to the origin of the brand, these give me a bit of a 'home spa' vibe, which is greatly appreciated at a point in our lives when we can't really leave the house very often.


Pick up your own bottle from TVSN, who has the entire range, or head over to their website to learn more about the brand! Sidenote about TVSN - I love that you can buy a bundle of products according to your needs, giving you a better overview of what the brand is really like. Treat yourself in lockdown, and settle in for some serious pampering! A bit more about the brand that you may not know just yet - Retreatment Botanics was created by Olivia Newton-John (yes, the Olivia Newtown-John), who also founded the Gaia Retreat and Spa, where Retreatment Botanics first arose. The range is cruelty free, vegan, Australian made and palm oil free, which is great, because I'm all for cruelty free and Australian made!

Have you heard of Retreatment Botanics? What's your pick from the range?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts